Honored Contributor

I was very attracted to this handbag, but the choice of vachetta intrigued me.  Went to explore about it online and fouind this:

Why Vachetta Leather Is So Beloved

Vachetta leather is a straight-forward material. It’s an untreated cowhide, meaning it hasn’t been dyed or treated with preservation processes that more commonplace leathers undergo. Staying in a natural state makes untreated leather susceptible to discoloration and water stains, but this also allows it to age naturally and develop what’s called a patina: a sheen of oils and other elements from the environment that darken the Vachetta leather.

Many people love the way Vachetta leather on Louis Vuitton bags can imbue a crisp and new or vintage look on each bag depending on how deep of a color the patina has developed. Over time, this type of leather ages with your bag without detracting from it, whereas some other leathers or fabrics can degrade faster than other materials that may be present on the piece. In the case of Louis Vuitton bags, the combination of Vachetta leather and Monogram canvas is a perfect match in terms of durability and aging gracefully.

Like auntg, I am hard -- I'll go so far as to say extremely hard -- on bags.   Because I wanted this as an everyday bag, I sadly had to pass on it.  My choice always has to be a beautiful toughie who can be worked hard on a daily basis.

For those who bought, enjoy!  It is a smart-looking bag!

Honored Contributor

I'm still hoping (probably fruitlessly) for the return of the Tobi Tote in lamb leather.  This time, however, I'd like an outside BACK pocket on it.

Somehow I think I'll not see this dream bag.

Honored Contributor

Re: Dooney beacon tsv

[ Edited ]

I thought the actual bag of the TSV was nice, but I did not like the handles.  The handles were too skinny for the size and shape of the bag and didn't "go together". 

The scale was off. 

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"