Super Contributor

Do you think it will hold up in the rain?

Respected Contributor

The Dooney TSV Beacon tote is absolutely gorgeous and i am going to buy it.  Now just to decide which color! 

Respected Contributor

It finally came up on qvc, and it is the same as the beacon slip tote I was considering on the Dooney site. I hate to pay for shipping from qvc, but I did it because of the tsv price. Ordered the two I was considering at Dooney—natural and Bordeaux. The Bordeaux color is shown better on the Dooney site. Hoping the leather looks good in person. 

Respected Contributor

Is the Beacon leather similar to the Emerson?  It says in the description that it is a matte leather.

Honored Contributor

@plc123 wrote:

Do you think it will hold up in the rain?

=======

No. I was set on getting this bag but saw comments about water spotting it and scratches that can't be rubbed out. Being that I'm rough on things, this isn't the bag for me.

Valued Contributor

I think it looks almost perfect, I love it. I ordered the mustard color, I don’t have that color in all my 60+ bags.  The only thing that may be a deal breaker is the length of the handles, they may be too short..... we’ll see.  I might order a new shoulder strap in the mustard color and bring it to my leather repair man and have him put some holes and a ring on the sides and then I’ll have a shoulder bag.  I can’t wait till tonight.

Valued Contributor

Sue said it doesn’t matter if you wear it in the rain, and said it’s not as sensitive as the Florentine , it sounds like a perfect leather.  I’m so excited about this new bag, I ordered the Mustard, and can’t wait to get it.  Anyone else ordered it?

Respected Contributor

What a lovely bag! And I hope all enjoy it.

This the way to do a TSV: an actual retail model at a price and terms attractive to most. Most people didn't consider the accessories an extra value. 

Regarding the leather: it probably does spot and scratch; most leather does. If you're hard on bags, this is probably the one to avoid or use on ince days/special occasions. I have Coach glove leather bags that need a little babying. But as a result, they have lasted me 15+ years.

I love the natural, but there's no way that I would ever buy a tote in that color. I waljed under an AC unit in the city and the water permanenty damaged my vachetta triim on my Dooney drawstring. Thatnk goodness, it's not large, but I think would stick to a darker color in this one.

Respected Contributor

Re: Dooney beacon tsv

[ Edited ]

@QuinnPenny wrote:

Sue said it doesn’t matter if you wear it in the rain, and said it’s not as sensitive as the Florentine , it sounds like a perfect leather.  I’m so excited about this new bag, I ordered the Mustard, and can’t wait to get it.  Anyone else ordered it?

I heard that and laughed.  I have a TSV from two yrs ago that just has  Vache trim and it did water spot, it was a natural, not raw color.  Sooo I wet entire area to get it even and then treated it.  I had ordered a second bag and I treated it before it left the building.  I take what SC says with a grain of salt, or no salt.  😐

Respected Contributor

@Shawnie wrote:

@QuinnPenny wrote:

I heard that and laughed.  I have a TSV from two yrs ago that just has  Vache trim and it did water spot, it was a natural, not raw color.  Sooo I wet entire area to get it even and then treated it.  I had ordered a second bag and I treated it before it left the building.  I take what SC says with a grain of salt, or no salt.  😐

This vacchetta is treated to resist water. Hope it still has an organic, natural look to it. The vacchetta on other Dooneys is natural, untreated vacchetta, which I love, but those trims do show marks. Whatever, I like aged leather, so I like to see how leather mellows over time. My fave Florentine bags have beautiful patina after years of use. Hoping this treated vacchetta will mellow a bit.