Regular Contributor

Hi.  What are your opinions of Dooney's website?  I purchase my handbags usually through QVC or in store, but they have exclusive styles and offers and I'm definitely tempted.  I've been trying to place an order since Saturday but haven't been successful (getting errors on the website) and there are a couple of red flags that are making me think twice about giving them my business.  Some of these red flags are: 1. scary reviews on BBB with recent dates  and 2.  Tried to call their 800 number but can't get through.  What are your thoughts?

I want to get a couple of gifts for Mother's day today but I'm not sure if I should keep trying with them or not.  

Thank you.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Dooney Website - Feedback?

[ Edited ]

The last time I ordered from Dooney was several years ago during their 12 Days of Dooney. I was supposed to receive a wallet with the bag and it wasn't included. They did refund the money. It took forever to get the bag. I could not get in touch with them either. I had ordered a couple of items prior to that order and they came just fine. Would I order from them again? Maybe only after I checked Zappos and a few other places.

Regular Contributor

@MeowingkittyThank you for your reply and suggestions.  I am determined to at least get my mother a Dooney today because she saw my nylon satchel and fell in love.  The style she wants is not sold on QVC but I saw it on Dooney and now on Zappos.  I will probably get that for her on Zappos since I know it will ship reasonably fast and will wait to purchase on Dooney's website.  I need more feedback before I become a customer.  

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

Try their I Love Dooney site. I ordered one from there last week and getting it tomorrow. I think their sale ends today. Never had a problem with them. Or with the Dooney site either. Its the same company.

Regular Contributor

I've never heard about I Love Dooney, what a great suggestion @char1976 ! Although they didn't have the nylon handbag my mom wanted  (I found it on sale at Zappos and bought it) I got a wallet and a handbag I've been wanting for a long time!  Sale prices and Friends and Family end today.  And they are on Rakuten so I used the cash back too!  Win-win!  Thank you for sharing.  Smiley Very Happy

Trusted Contributor

I've used the "I Love Dooney" site several times.  They now give you points for $$ off.  I recently went on there and didn't realize I had accumulated over 500 points which was $30 off.  I snagged a tote that was on one of their sales using the code they have on the website and I wound up getting a $348 tote for $123.  I had been stalking that puppy for a while.  It disappeared for a while and then showed back up.  When I put it in the cart with the code and my discount - i knew I'd never get it lower.  I ordered it on the 3rd and got it today the 5th.  Never had a problem with them.  

Trusted Contributor

I have many Dooneys and I have ordered off both the Ilovedoony website and their regular website.  I never had a problem with either.  I love how you can accumluate points on the Ilovedoony website for money off a future purchase.  I have stalked a couple of coveted bags and was able to use my points and their sales to score some very nice bags!  Not many websites give you the option of using customer points plus their sale for a total $$ off.  I recently purchased 2 nylon satchels for less than the price of one. 

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am a fan of Dooney.com. They have some exclusive bags sold only there that I love to buy. If I tire of one of my bags, or just want a new one, I trade it in at Dooney.com getting 50% of the purchase price toward another handbag of equal or greater value. I think I've done that about 6 times.  I watch some of the QVC Dooney shows to see what's available but I don't think I've ever bought from QVC. It's a small thing but I hate to pay those high shipping costs. The prices on QVC are about the same as Zappos and Dooney who do not charge for shipping. I usually end up talking with Dooney's customer service before purchases and they are very helpful. 

Respected Contributor

D & B is declining.  I've tried emailing them, and they do not respond.  A huge red flag for me. 

I've received defective handbags from D & B as well as ILD.

The poor customer service and poor quality makes me think I'm done.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Prices at the website are too high now. Two Christmas's ago, there was a fantastic sale. I ordered 2 dome satchels for $99 each, and a small shopper tote for $119. This year I bought nothing. Is leather just more expensive now? Glad I got what I got when I got.