Super Contributor

Dooney Premiering on HSN This Weekend?

What the what?!

Just saw this in HSN program guide for the 29th.

Sue Clifton will surely like the commute better LOL.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Dooney Premiering on HSN This Weekend?

I’ve notice that more and more products are overlapping. Clark’s, Ring doorbells, and now Dooney. Soon both channels will have the same stuff. You won’t be able to tell the difference.

Respected Contributor

@Meowingkitty wrote:

I’ve notice that more and more products are overlapping. Clark’s, Ring doorbells, and now Dooney. Soon both channels will have the same stuff. You won’t be able to tell the difference.

I doubt that will be the case. Some overlap happens in any kind of deparment store and that doesn't mean you can't tell the difference. QVC has more major brands and it makes sense to bring some of them to HSN and otherwise let HSN keep the brands already doing well there.

I'm curious about what they will do about duplicate items by different brands. HSN has the Origami folding racks and QVC has Oasis and now Cooks Essentials. Both companies have sold nearly identical folding ottomans/storage benches by different companies. I wonder if now both companies will pick one brand of each or continue to sell different brands.

Respected Contributor

They'll have to rename the channel "The Dynamic Duo"

The today's special will be really exciting, it will be the 1st for the channel, can't wait.

Esteemed Contributor

QVC owns HSN,right?

Esteemed Contributor

@Meowingkitty wrote:

I agree.....just like QVC and QVC2 with all the repeats, etc.

I think it is a big mistake to share the same brands/products......give variety...there are SO MANY options out in the retail world.....repetition will just turn customers off

Respected Contributor

Technically, it's the QVC Group. Under that umbrella, they have QVC, HSN, Zulilly.....

They acquired HSN in July 2017 and it was final in December 2017. You can  Google it.

So yes, QVC and HSN are part of one big happy family. 

From the consumer standpoint, it's repetitious, but from their standpoint, it's more money coming from the same vendors. Acquisitions aren't about the customer/client. It's good on the other end, just not for us.