Super Contributor

Dooney Ostrich Embossed Bags

Hey there, does anyone out their own any of the Ostrich-embossed bags available at the Donney website?  I am having a deep crush on the Pewter/Black selections, esp the Hobo and my all-time fave, Barlow.  There are even some mini Barlow crossbody bags!

Thanks for any feedback.  Woman Happy

Frequent Contributor

Re: Dooney Ostrich Embossed Bags

Respected Contributor

Also, Dillards has exclusive Dooney Ostrich bags there too, don't miss those!

Frequent Contributor

I have a couple of the ostrich embossed Dooney bags and love them.  I personally feel that they add to the bag's charm.  I love how it feels and it never wears off!

Respected Contributor

I have three ostrich embossed bags from Dooney and Bourke.  One I have owned for at least eight years the other two I purchased in the last six years or so.  I have ivory, black and taupe.    I purchased mine from Dillard's.  Love them all and still carry them.  No problems at all with the leather,  Durable and soft.   I have purchased several bags directly from the Dooney website with no issues.  I did return one and was happy with customer service.  I also love the Barlow.  I just purchased a croco embossed Barlow in ivory from their website last month!   

Respected Contributor

I have one from Dillard's, has to be at least 12 years old, very durable and looks gorgeous still.  It's a small satchel with long strap in a natural/tan shade, love it.  I plan on getting another ostrich one, have seen a few out and about on women and they always catch my eye, in a very good way!

Super Contributor

Thanks, Everyone!  One Grey Ostrich Barlow is on the way, at $100 off no less!  Appreciate the tips about Dillard's too, I will definitely be watching their website during holiday sales now...

Valued Contributor

I have the grey and black Sophie, it's very nice, but almost every Dooney is perfect to me, I only buy Dooney bags,  I'm so happy for you, and have fun showing it off.

Respected Contributor

Congratulations on your new handbag.

I own quite a few of the Dooney ostrich embossed leather handbags.  I love the look.  The leather tends to be a bit stiff when they are new,  but it softens nicely when you use the handbag and give it some love.  Dooney seems to do a lot of exclusives for Dillards (and Macy's?) in ostrich.  You can sometimes find them at the outlets when they are past their original debut season.   I have the small Lexington, the zip zip, the Barlow,  the original Dillen style satchel, and the small Florentine style satchel all in the ostrich embossed leather.  I think they did a larger domed satchel in ostrich embossed also.  And at one time there were several styles in the Alto line also... I don't remember the name they gave those.

In my experience the neutral colors like the tans/browns, black, grey, and pearl look the richest (and the most realistic).   But I do have one in the jeans color and one in a hot pink also.

Respected Contributor

I bought the Small Sloan at Christmastime in the ostrich and I love it.  Mine is the cognac colored leather with darker dots. 

There is not one smeared dot (ie artistic interpretation, LOL).   It is a nice substantial bag.