Contributor

Hi, I like a nylon crossbody and I have never bought a Dooney in nylon. May I ask if anyone who has a nylon Dooney if they last long, is the nylon nice, and any other thoughts on the nylon ?The one I am looking at is a newer nylon and I keep coming back to see if anyone left a review but nobody has left any reviews on that crossbody. 

Thank you for any help. I appreciate it. 

Karen

Honored Contributor

I've never had one but I felt them in consignment shops. They are really smooth, silky and thick. I have never felt nylon that feels so nice.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Valued Contributor

I got my 1st nylon tote (Wayfarer on their site) last spring. I resisted thinking why pay that much for a nylon.  I like it! Nice change from the heavier  Florentine. Seems durable& easy to clean. It still looks great so far. I got the black&it's a silky material, that's a good description

Esteemed Contributor

@on the bay is right. The nylon is thick and silky feeling. I bought my first nylon Dooney when it was a recent TSV. I really like it for a change. I like it for Saturday shopping since its so light weight and easy to get things in and out.

Honored Contributor

I also bought the recent nylon TSV in olive and purchased the crossbody strap.  So far it seems to be holding up well.

Contributor

Thank you all for your replies. I think I will probably order but only when they have free shipping. I can't believe on a flat nylon crossbody it is $ 10.97. I was going to buy the other day when they had free shipping and 6 easy pays but just wanted to check if anybody liked the nylon and if it lasted long. 
Thank you so much for replying. I appreciate it.

Karen

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Dooney Nylon

[ Edited ]

@karen12386 wrote:

Thank you all for your replies. I think I will probably order but only when they have free shipping. I can't believe on a flat nylon crossbody it is $ 10.97. I was going to buy the other day when they had free shipping and 6 easy pays but just wanted to check if anybody liked the nylon and if it lasted long. 
Thank you so much for replying. I appreciate it.

Karen

@karen12386  .. check the Dooney website.  Their prices are usually the same as the Q's... but above a certain price point the shipping and handling is free.  They do offer 3 dooney pays.  And @avid shopper  is correct .... check the I Love Dooney website also.

Respected Contributor

I have the Dooney large nylon double pocket satchel.

It's my first Dooney nylon and was bought recently.... although I don't know if the nylon used is the old or the newer.   That said.... I was very impressed with the handbag.  

The nylon is thick and has a slight texture.  The handbag is extremely well made.... with leather trim and handles/strap and stitching that are equal to quality on better Dooney all leather handbags.  I'm a leather snob when it comes to handbags.... and I resisted getting a nylon.  Only ordered it for the times when I needed something lighter.  Of course,  I picked a large bag, all black, nylon and trim,  so it's not so light.  Smiley Happy  But it is rich looking.  I'll probably buy another in a lighter color too.

Super Contributor
I bought my first Dooney bag when it was a TSV and I love the nylon. It is superior quality and I will definitely grab another one in a lighter color down the road. I bought the navy and I love it.