Respected Contributor

I guess Brynn has a cousin.--not a twin. (just recieved the presale TSV. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Dooney March TSV?

[ Edited ]

So disappointed. Per the presale email, the tsv is saffiano, so I pass. i was sooooooo ready to order this until I saw the type of leather! The saffiano in person looks cheap and plastic-y to my eye. I own the new Emerson satchel with the same hardware--but in goldstone, which I prefer. (Listing says tsv hardware is goldstone but in pic it looks like silver. .??) I was hoping that this tsv might be of that Emerson quality and couldn't wait for the presale info. I would happily pay more for better leather. Hate to see qvc cheapening the Dooney brand. Well, my checkbook (and husband) will be happy! 

Respected Contributor

@libbyannEwrote:

So disappointed. Per the presale email, the tsv is saffiano, so I pass. i was sooooooo ready to order this until I saw the type of leather! The saffiano in person looks cheap and plastic-y to my eye. I own the new Emerson satchel with the same hardware--but in goldstone, which I prefer. (Listing says tsv hardware is goldstone but in pic it looks like silver. .??) I was hoping that this tsv might be of that Emerson quality and couldn't wait for the presale info. I would happily pay more for better leather. Hate to see qvc cheapening the Dooney brand. Well, my checkbook (and husband) will be happy! 

Probably not for me either.  I do like the features that they added to it but don't care for that leather or the additional weight.  I haven't bought a TSV since year before last when I went beserk buying the drawstring floral daffodil bag!  I have black, navy and got the pink at a deep discount later in the summer.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Shawnie

I hear ya! I ordered a Dooney saffiano bag once to see the leather, and my husband and I both thought it looked like vinyl. Your daffodil drawstring bags would be fun! I just got out my bright yellow and bright cobalt blue Toledo leather "Stanwich" satchels this week! 

Super Contributor

Wow, do I sound completely naive to say I am shocked that the actual leather would be modified for a TSV.  From the Dooney website description as well as from comments from folks who have purchased Emerson bags, Emerson does not seem to be a Saffiano leather.  Mind you I happen to really like Dooney's Saffiano, as to me it is decidedly not plasticky like the Saffiano leather bags put out by my other true love, Coach, as well as Kors and other bags at this price point.  But a lot of folks do not like Saffiano - period and if that is the leather for the TSV, it should be very clearly disclosed.

Changing the finish of the hardware to silver is something I could live with but changing the leather?  I dunno, something about that does not sit well with me...

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@annespanwrote:

Wow, do I sound completely naive to say I am shocked that the actual leather would be modified for a TSV.  From the Dooney website description as well as from comments from folks who have purchased Emerson bags, Emerson does not seem to be a Saffiano leather.  Mind you I happen to really like Dooney's Saffiano, as to me it is decidedly not plasticky like the Saffiano leather bags put out by my other true love, Coach, as well as Kors and other bags at this price point.  But a lot of folks do not like Saffiano - period and if that is the leather for the TSV, it should be very clearly disclosed.

Changing the finish of the hardware to silver is something I could live with but changing the leather?  I dunno, something about that does not sit well with me...

The TSV does not say that this is an Emerson.  It states it is An Ashby Saffiano.  The Emerson bag does not have an external zip, nor do they have the internal zip security pocket like the TSV.  All of the bags in the Emerson Collection are Waxed French Leather with the back of the hide on the inside of the bag.  The TSV has the red cloth lining,  The TSV is heavier than the Emerson.  The TsV is a different bag.  Go to A304357 for the presale information.  

Valued Contributor

Not for me.... , don’t like Saffiano leather, don’t like the center zipper section, don’t like that it’s kinda heavy 2.6 or 8 lbs. for a Saffiano leather, and no zipper closure for the whole bag.  I’m glad I ordered a different Dooney bag last week.

Super Contributor

Ah, got it, Shawnie.  I have to get myself on those presale emails!

I think this Ashby is a nice-looking bag esp in the Oyster, that looks lovely onscreen.  The handle hardware in nice too.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@libbyannEwrote:

@libbyannE  I'm glad you  like the your Emerson leather bag.  I haven't seen this leather in person, but I did just order the new Kyra shoulder bag in midnight in the Emerson leather.  It gets good reviews.  I love the new closure lock on it.  Don't really care for the shape of the tsv bag tonight.  Not very stylish at all.  Easy pass.  

Respected Contributor

Dooney often does the same or a similar style in multiple leathers.   Sometimes it's an exclusive (for a time) for a large company like QVC or Macy's, etc.  Sometimes the size is slightly different,  sometimes the leather is different, sometimes the trim details are different, etc.  It always makes sense to check all the details,  it's too easy to assume it's the same bag and then find out something that was important to you is different.