Occasional Contributor

With the fashion tops most of their vendors show there seems to be no differnce in length of tops. Tops are the length of tunics and seem to be getting longer. 

I am 5'3 1/2" and cannot wear tops that long.  I wish they would have tops that are a little shorter.  

Esteemed Contributor

Perhaps you need to look around.  I am about your height have no problem finding tops in any length.  Tunics are popular for legging type bottoms, but lots of shorter tops out there.

Respected Contributor

to the op: do they have them in petite lengths? if they do, maybe that would fit you better. Also, D&C's sizing is so inconsistent you don't always know what you're getting. I used to buy a lot of D&C but because of this sizing problem, I don't buy as much anymore.

Respected Contributor

I noticed that about a year or two ago QVC brand and other brands lengthened pretty much all the topsQVC sells. Each size was an inch longer. I buy very few tops now since they are all too long. I guess that is what the consumer wants. Notice some of the short hosts. The tops are way too long on them, even with leggings.

Respected Contributor

@MauraL ita all the tops seem to be about 26" in 

length. I'm very short waisted although I'm 5'7" tops are way too long. I'm  so sick and tired of

of returning tops --I've stopped ordering.

The half tuck idea is just a way of shortening the top---to make it presentable---

so we are not alone in needing shorter tops.

Valued Contributor

@Janey2 wrote:

I noticed that about a year or two ago QVC brand and other brands lengthened pretty much all the topsQVC sells. Each size was an inch longer. I buy very few tops now since they are all too long. I guess that is what the consumer wants. Notice some of the short hosts. The tops are way too long on them, even with leggings.

Totally agree! Then if you are a plus size they tack on another couple of inches! I guess they think the fatter you are the more you want your clothing to go to your knees?

Esteemed Contributor

@MauraL  - I agree.  I'm the same height as you and these would be too long on me.  Wish they had been offered in petite.  Not everyone wants tunic length tops.

Respected Contributor

I do feel the frustration of those who find QVC tops too long as I have frustration with most department store brands being too short. Anything shorter than 27 inches is unflattering on me, so the QVC regular top length in many of their brands (IM, Belle, D&C for example) is perfect. I need that length, and that is one of the main reasons I continue to shop with QVC.

Honored Contributor

maurlag,

I'm finding that tops that are tunic length have halted me from buying some beautiful things this season.  

I will no longer buy a beautiful top that does not "become me" because it is too long on my body.  A longish top looks hideous -- rather like an almost-dress.  The proportion is all wrong for me. 

QVC lost a bit of money from me lately.

Super Contributor

@Whosits - oh yes! And how about sleeve length? I guess they thing the fatter are the longer your arms are!!💗