Honored Contributor

Has anyone else noticed how hosts, especially those selling Denim & Co., perpetuate the "granny" image for the brand by constantly mentioning that something is so stretchy or modest that you can get on the floor with your grandkids?  They may occasionally mention your kids or pets but grandkids is always the first mentioned.  Both Gary and Carolyn do this a lot; I heard it all day yesterday.  No wonder the younger set scoffs at D & C.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Yes, I could do without the Grammy and pop pop references. I.know it's just selling hype, but it gets old. And for the record I'm not young.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

Yup........I've noticed.   What I dislike even MORE is when people ask me how many grandchildren I have.    I tell them I'm a retired nun...............

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Trusted Contributor

With 2 of my GKs, I spent most of my time on the floor, so I could get to them easier.  I have problems with my back, but have only worn jeans and bermudas,  not GRANNY capris or whatever they are. Bootcut jeans and pants above my knees.  I always think they are refering to women my DMom's age, almost 90.--------tedEbear

Respected Contributor

Maybe because the majority of the people that buy have that lifestyle.  It's all about comfort first and that would appeal to that generation and that's why they reference age and comfort.  Younger people scoff because the of the style.  It's certainly not something they would relate to. 

"Never water yourself down just because someone can't handle you 100% proof."
Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Has anyone else noticed how hosts, especially those selling Denim & Co., perpetuate the "granny" image for the brand by constantly mentioning that something is so stretchy or modest that you can get on the floor with your grandkids?  They may occasionally mention your kids or pets but grandkids is always the first mentioned.  Both Gary and Carolyn do this a lot; I heard it all day yesterday.  No wonder the younger set scoffs at D & C.

D & C is PERFECT for the granny crowd.

Honored Contributor

@KALLIE wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

D & C is PERFECT for the granny crowd.

@KALLIE  Scoffer!

Regular Contributor

Oh, yes. I posted about this several years ago because it was getting on my nerves so much. As a younger QVC viewer, I don't like being made to feel as though my patronage is not even wanted. I realize most of the viewers are around retirement age, or possibly older, but if they just mentioned *different8 scenarios besides *only* the "chasing th kids/grandkids," it wouldn't seem that way.

And yeah, "Grammy and Pop-Pop" gets really old. Who calls their grandparents that but Carolyn?!

Honored Contributor

SHAME ON ANYONE who disdains grandmothers or puts them down, or has issues with the way they dress.  Grandmothers are not supermodels, and their worth is not counted by what they wear, how their makeup looks or what jewelry they wear.

They earn love, respect and esteem for how they love others, what they do for their families, and how they have lived their lives.  They are blessed to be older ladies and have families.  I am so sick of people who are terrified of being thought of as grandmothers.

Anyway who is mistaken for one should be very proud of that and say "thank you!"

Honored Contributor

@Sooner  We'll said, Sooner.  You made me feel better.