Trusted Contributor

Re: Why is D&C targeting the older women

[ Edited ]

I think D&C has always catered to older women...that dusty rose dates the entire line; toss it and update to a brighter rose or a pastel pink. I did buy D&C tops years ago that were very good quality cotton and I wore them for years. They came in a 2 pack, one print and one solid, and were boatneck, 3/4 sleeve. I got so many compliments on them and would love to see them come back again, but know they won't.  The D& C line is very good quality and well-made, but It could use an update to bring in a wider group of customers. My interest in it was because it actually used cotton and not polyester. Just can't bear polyester in our Texas 108 degree heat, but still had to go to work in something a little dressier than a T-shirt.

Esteemed Contributor

I agree the prints have been terrible. On the young madels they don't look good. And I am a senior.  I wear the jeans, but not the tops, skorts, shorts or swimsuits.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Because that is who buys Denim & Co., certainly not teens & 20 year olds.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Effie54 wrote:

It looks like the D & Co. line is geared to older women. Maybe they have a few pieces that might appeal to younger ladies. But for the most part it's matronly. When you have Carolyn as the spokes person pretty much, and Gary as the designer, it speaks volumes.

@Effie54I would be willing to bet that either Carolyn OR Gary would be kinder to you then you just were to them. Cheap shot. And it speaks volumes. Smiley Sad
Super Contributor

QVC caters to this target audience. Amy stran , Courtney and Shawn have presented fashions that are less matronly. The D&Co. shows attract a certain repeat shopper and these people continue to purchase the same items in different colors over & over again. As long as customers keep paying the high prices for this brand and continue to request the same items in more colors D&Co. will not expand the design process or change there inventory.
Esteemed Contributor

@cody2 wrote:

@Effie54 wrote:

It looks like the D & Co. line is geared to older women. Maybe they have a few pieces that might appeal to younger ladies. But for the most part it's matronly. When you have Carolyn as the spokes person pretty much, and Gary as the designer, it speaks volumes.

@Effie54I would be willing to bet that either Carolyn OR Gary would be kinder to you then you just were to them. Cheap shot. And it speaks volumes. Smiley Sad

Sorry you feel that way, But MANY on this forum voice their opinions....and some are a bit more harsh than mine. 

Regular Contributor

I agree! Repetitive and boring! I just flip it off and the prices...maybe some can afford but I'll pass!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have worn D&C for years. Do the math.

Hubbs says targeting their loyal customer base.

Honored Contributor

@minimalistWF wrote:

@feline groovy Spot on!!!  Most of the people that shop QVC are older, conservative women.

I happened to discover QVC a few years ago for a graduate school business project and that's what turned me into a shopper (mainly for beauty items), but otherwise there is no way I would have started shopping here.  

@minimalistWF Yes, I doubt many hotties shop here.  Doubt the Kardashians are sporting Denim and Co. There are a lot of nicely dressed appropriate women who are not conservative--just appropriately dressed. 

Esteemed Contributor

I heard Jayne Brown on with Susan Graver and telling how the pants made the 5'6" models legs look long and slim. The model was above average weight and she looked "dumpy" instead of long and lean. Jayne knows better, and I just don't know she can say that. Do we believe her or our lying eyes?