Highlighted
Super Contributor

Re: Why is D&C targeting the older women

D&C has gone way down hill... they are definitly marketing towards a certain group, that is for sure. Not sure if its toward a certain age group or what.... but it used to be when D&C had cute items that appealed to many.. now its boring, and on the frumpy side. Sure you see a few basics here & there that are good to have, but there is nothing stylish being offered. I remember when this was Q's version of Ralph Lauren / Tommy H type of items. 

Super Contributor

So we have Seniors & Juniors ..... what about us in the middle? 

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Foxxee   @Just Bling    Are you two dressed exclusively by Ralph Lauren?  And are you, by chance, past the "spring chicken" phase?  What the heck do you think a retired senior woman is supposed to wear as she goes about living her life? 

D&C targets older women because they're in the demographic that are it's best customers. 

I wish you were my neighbor. You're so sassy, @Kachina624 Heart

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Respected Contributor

It's always been that way.  I don't know what you're suprised about.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't know why this thread suddenly popped up again but every time I read @Just Bling  comments it makes me angry.  I own the shirt about which she makes critical remarks and find its 95% cotton goodness very flattering with it's pretty neckline and vertical orientation.  In addition, it is in no way pul!ing anywhere on the model, nor does it pull on me.  Such prints are very popular with those who live in the Southwest.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

I dress casually around home, but still presentable.  I have alot of clothing from different sources.  I like classic clothing, handbags, shoes, and jewelry.  I think I know at 77 years old what flatters me.

I wear subdued makeup, and my hairdresser does a great job coloring and styling my hair.  This is right for me.  As long as people are neat and clean - why should I care?  Some of the

nicest people I know are not the most fashion conscious.

Regular Contributor

@Just Bling wrote:

I'm watching tonight, yes, surprised me too.

The material, the prints geared to Seniors...

even a jacket and pants out of poly, like a pant suit.

Another Example  A457970  who wears those prints?

Even the model does not look good at all with that top, it's pulling in the bust

Now they are appealing to the short women that it makes you appear taller

That top reminds me of a print sold at KMart years ago.

Seems like everything is a $50 bill too.   

@Just Bling Well, to me your post is pretty unattractive--aiming shots at Seniors, short women, and people who wear poly.  GASP!

I don't wear it but I love a lot of old, short women who do!  

Esteemed Contributor

It looks like the D & Co. line is geared to older women. Maybe they have a few pieces that might appeal to younger ladies. But for the most part it's matronly. When you have Carolyn as the spokes person pretty much, and Gary as the designer, it speaks volumes.

Honored Contributor

@software wrote:

I'm not convinced it's all about seniors

There are some younger women, maybe 40ish or 50ish who found themselves after menopause to have a "senior" figure.   D&C is pretty conistent.   If you find a bottom you like, you can purchase however many you need, in all colors.

The tops that are similar in style are just a dependable.  If you are happy with one, you will be happy with others.

Nearly everyone posting here writes like they are so sophisticated about fashion   Maybe they are but real world?    For many women, they dress to be comfortable & neat, not for high fashion.

That stuff lasts forever.   I found a capri bottom at the thrift store, wore it for years at home.

I don't like labels of any kind.    The term senior citizen means nothing except for marketing purposes, drug companies, insurance companies.etc

As far as price, it's not always a gauge of quality, everything is expensive

@software LOL!!!  You mean not everyone is a selfie-obsessed, duck lipped, pouty posed, sparkle faced, hottie now wearing 4 sizes too small, minimal clothing?

NO!  Woman Embarassed

WHO knew?  And me?  I'm not a senior any more.  I was one in high school and college but not now.  I'm just OLD and happy to be OLD!  But I still look good!  

Valued Contributor

Denim & Co. suits me fine. Why the nasty remarks? Frumpy? Thank you.

Yet LOGO is a big seller. Not my taste but if it's yours enjoy it.