Respected Contributor

Why is D&C targeting the older women

I'm watching tonight, yes, surprised me too.

The material, the prints geared to Seniors...

even a jacket and pants out of poly, like a pant suit.

Another Example  A457970  who wears those prints?

Even the model does not look good at all with that top, it's pulling in the bust

Now they are appealing to the short women that it makes you appear taller

That top reminds me of a print sold at KMart years ago.

Seems like everything is a $50 bill too.   

Honored Contributor

Re: Why is D&C targeting the older women

The malls have PLENTY of stores that cater to "juniors"

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm seeing some Southwestern design in A457970; which is always in style, but not always trendy. 

Maybe, it would be more appealing wearing it with denim pants and western style shoes.  

I didn't see the program, but if it's pulling across the chest, it's too small.

I believe D&C has always been very attractive to senior buyers because it offers classic traditional designs in cotton, polyester, and other fabrics.  Many QVC buyers prefer polyester. Some of the fabrics and prints won't appeal to everyone.  

However, overall, I think QVC's fashions have become very repetitive and boring, but I suppose they offer what sells.    

Esteemed Contributor

@Just Bling wrote:

I'm watching tonight, yes, surprised me too.

The material, the prints geared to Seniors...

even a jacket and pants out of poly, like a pant suit.

Another Example  A457970  who wears those prints?

Even the model does not look good at all with that top, it's pulling in the bust

Now they are appealing to the short women that it makes you appear taller

That top reminds me of a print sold at KMart years ago.

Seems like everything is a $50 bill too.   

@Just Bling   There are so many places to shop online.  I do agree the prices are over the top, but they are going to carry what sells.  

Honored Contributor

@Foxxee   @Just Bling    Are you two dressed exclusively by Ralph Lauren?  And are you, by chance, past the "spring chicken" phase?  What the heck do you think a retired senior woman is supposed to wear as she goes about living her life? 

D&C targets older women because they're in the demographic that are it's best customers. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Foxxee   @Just Bling    Are you two dressed exclusively by Ralph Lauren?  And are you, by chance, past the "spring chicken" phase?  What the heck do you think a retired senior woman is supposed to wear as she goes about living her life? 

D&C targets older women because they're in the demographic that are it's best customers. 

@Kachina624 

What??  

I did say....

"I believe D&C is very attractive to senior buyers."

Honored Contributor

While I mean no disrespect to anyone who likes D & C, that brand has always been geared toward older women who prefer the high waisted looser fitting more baggy looking  denim and pants as well as the nondescript boxy tops which all have been the preferred dress style of so many older conservative women!  Apparantly it sells well.   QVC alone has many styles for those (like me) that prefer something different than the usual older woman style!!  There are also so many other places to buy a different style of clothing so no one boxed in to D & C!

Honored Contributor

It's all about the bottom line.  Most likely the answer t...

[ Edited ]

It's all about the bottom line.  Most likely the answer to @Just Bling's question:

@Foxxee wrote:

]However, overall, I think QVC's fashions have become very repetitive and boring, but I suppose they offer what sells.    

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Re: It's all about the bottom line. Most likely the answer t...

[ Edited ]

I'm 73 and can't stand the tunic length tops, the high/low hems, the man-made fabrics (especially those with stretch!!), those elastic waistbands, or those "A" line dresses which don't flatter anyone.

Why do women let manufacturers decide what "seniors" are expected to wear? Shop elsewhere if you don't like what is being offered by D&C. I'm 5'7", 143 lbs. and not about to wear old lady clothing anytime or anywhere.

Give me natural fibers, a classic style, a great fit (even through the shoulders so it hangs properly - remember LDO's comments?) and pants/slacks that zip for a tailored fit. I find clothing that meets all those requirements easily and without spending a fortune on S&H by shopping retail or on-line with quality sources. Don't think QVC is the only place for shopping.

And I'm NOT waiting for "free S&H days" ever! If I want to buy something, I'm buying it then. I do believe in supporting businesses who actually use USPS delivery, unlike QVC and its crazy slow & cheap mail service with USPS/UPS agreement.

Years ago, QVC offered amazing clothing brands at reasonable prices, but those brands are long gone and the quality of what is left is questionable at best IMO. I haven't purchased anything from Q in years, but recently did try some Isaac 80% pima tees. They were so huge! All of them were returned via USPS; I didn't bother with exchanges due to the lengthy turn-around time which simply wasn't worth it to me.  

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Esteemed Contributor

I like Denim and Co.  I've been wearing it since before I guess I could have been considered a "senior".  The line is huge and there are many offerings, but I like that some things remain constant (there's a "utility blouse" that I rely on, have for years, and it's still around - I just ordered three more "as is", in new colors).

Clothes are in how you wear them, and accessorize them, and if they suit the occasion and the purpose they were intended for. 

I have cotton, linen, poly, and all sorts of blends, in D&Co.  I've never been accused of being a frumpy old lady, and even if I had been, so what?  I'm comfortable and I think, appropriate.

Cogito ergo sum