Valued Contributor

A251140 Denim & Co Active French Terry. Why in the world put so much Spandex in this? I like it, it comes in Petite but I can't handle all that Spandex. And it's so very unnecessary. Cotton has it's own give and stretch. It does not need spandex to help it. Particularly in a casual garment like this.

Honored Contributor

@Whosits I agree! I can see 1 or 2% spandex, maybe, but **5**?? I've seen a couple of D&C tops I was considering but not with that much Spandex!

Honored Contributor

I am surprised by the price-$32.48 +s&h as well as the quality of that D&C product-A251140.  I can find the same thing at a much lower price at Tar-jé all cotton and/or polyester.

Amazon - $29.50 FREE shipping & a lot of colors.

Screen Shot 2020-08-19 at Wed, Aug 19, 2020-1.38.52 PM.png

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

Most D&C has about 5% Spandex.  Cotton has "give" and stretches but does not return to original size, it just stretches out.  With Spandex, the garment retains its shape.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Thanks @Mz iMac , but I'll stick with the quality of D&C.  My shirts go on for years until I give them away because I get tired of them.  I'm tired if the dubious quality I get from Amazon s third party sellers.

Honored Contributor

Re: Why 5% Spandex in this?

[ Edited ]

Don't get me wrong @Kachina624 .  I love D&C.  Love their casual styles.  Just not A251140 quality & price.  Looks "cheap."

FWIW I have A211539 in every color except white. Smiley Tongue

EDIT:  The tunic from Amazon is NOT from a 3rd party.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Esteemed Contributor

Completely over spandex.  Seems to appear often in thinner knits.  It does not hold up.

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac    I don't know what the difference is because they appear identical, but I own many of A251145.  I ordered my first one in 2014, and am still wearing all of them.  It's my winter "go to".  Here's my original review.  It now comes in petites too.  I also like A211539 but learned to order down a size.

My Uniform
5 out of 5
Kachina624 09-29-14

"These shirts constitute a large portion of my casual at-home winter wardrobe. They're warm without being overly so like fleece. I like the bright colors to wear with jeans. They're long, hiding everything you want hidden and are comfortably roomy. Love the handy pockets
Honored Contributor

@Still Raining wrote:

Completely over spandex.  Seems to appear often in thinner knits.  It does not hold up.

@Still Raining    The weight seems to depend on whether you order a short sleeve summer shirt or a long sleeve winter weight.  Mine hold up through years of laundering just fine.

Trusted Contributor

I take your point, but I'm okay with it. I think 95% cotton is a good mix, and I find the spandex helps the pants keep their shape and color through the day, and also through years (and years) of laundering. 

And I LOVE the Active line in D&C, especially in pants. They are just about the only pants on QVC that have a short enough front and back rise so I don't have to roll the waist or have them drooping at the crotch.

These particular joggers also have a full length inseam, an option I appreciate since lots of joggers are a couple of inches shorter. I'll keep buying these as long as they keep making them.