Valued Contributor

Where are the summer clothes?

Here we are the beginning of June, and D&CO is still showing sweaters. Granted they are three quarter sleeved light weight ones but still. We are all looking forward to hot hot weather and not being shown many apparal options. They continually site being cold in air conditioning. Come on, if that's the case, turn it down. Or if you are in public, request the proprieter to turn it down. That's a whole other subject though.

Respected Contributor

Re: Where are the summer clothes?

Perhaps they're trying to get rid of inventory???  Just a thought...

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Esteemed Contributor

Can't speak for having to cold air conditioned because it was 112 yesterday. But from what I've been reading here about shipping  you might just get it in time for winter. 

Respected Contributor

@Meowingkitty 

HA!  Good one!!!   Smiley LOL

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Esteemed Contributor

@pommom wrote:

Perhaps they're trying to get rid of inventory???  Just a thought...

I agree...i feel like they have been pulling things that have been in inventory for a while and trying to cut down the inventory of less popular items that might not have sold well in the past.  And i am sure stuff i selling as people are housebound and watching more TV...........

Esteemed Contributor

Most of the clothes are made in China. Their virus hit 5-6 months ago. Between Chinese New Year which always closes the factories for two weeks in January and the virus I think the clothes either have not been made or orders have not been received from China,

I have not seen many summer clothes anywhere. Fortunately summer is painfully short where I live so my summer clothes seem to last forever, only getting tossed when they are hopelessly out of fashion. Same for sandals and bags.

Honored Contributor

@Whosits wrote:

Here we are the beginning of June, and D&CO is still showing sweaters. Granted they are three quarter sleeved light weight ones but still. We are all looking forward to hot hot weather and not being shown many apparal options. They continually site being cold in air conditioning. Come on, if that's the case, turn it down. Or if you are in public, request the proprieter to turn it down. That's a whole other subject though.

I have to agree!  It's one thing to have a lightweight cardigan or jacket when it's chilly but for the most part once it's in the 90s and above with humidity to match I want lightweight breathable short sleeved (or for those who like sleeveless) tops.  Once can always add or take off the jacket.

I just purchased some really cute lightweight cotton slub tops from Chico's.  If you're a Traveler's member shipping is free and with the sale price each top came out to less than $20.00 each!....I  bought 4 in different colors.

Super Contributor

We must live in the same part of the country....🥵😉

Esteemed Contributor

They start their fall fashion in June.  It's always funny because generally it's 90 degrees and they are in sweaters and boots for shoe shopping too Smiley Happy  Then in February, back in sandals and capri's, LOL.    Wow, I've been watching way too long......

Occasional Contributor

They're probably showing fall clothes because that's when you will get them.  Still waiting for summer clothes ordered in early May.