Frequent Contributor

Why is fleece used so abundantly in D&C clothing? It is a horrble fabric; it pills badly, looks like wet dog fur after it's washed....what is the appeal?

I have bought fleece items from top brands and mid brands and it all stinks....it all gets tossed after one washing.

Man Sad

Honored Contributor

@savories My experience with all fleece, D&C and others, has always been very good.

Honored Contributor

Savories: Maybe you are laundering it incorrectly. I like fleece and wear it alot in the cold months.

Honored Contributor

I don't buy a lot of fleece, but for what I have bought I don't recall ever having an issue with it pilling.

Esteemed Contributor

Soft - Cozy - Lightweight

Respected Contributor

I love my denim and Company fleece especially my Shawl-collared tunics.  Soft warm, a pleasure to put on in the cold weather first thing in the morning. I even like fleece pants.

Honored Contributor

Love my Bob Mackie fleece jackets, they wash like a dream and look like new forever. I've never had a problem with any fleece items. 

Honored Contributor

@savories Are you washing your items per the instructions? That may be your problem...

Honored Contributor

I have many fleece gsrments; coats, shirts, scarves, gloves, robes, pants, even sheets.  I've never had trouble with them pilling.  I put them in the dryer with a couple of nubby rubber balls and they come out fluffier than new.  It's a great, warm winter fabric.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I love Susan Graver, Denim & Co. and Issac Mizrahi fleece jackets and I have many of them in different colors and prints.  More comfortable than wearing a heavy coat and plenty warm.  I also have Liz Claiborne fleece jackets I bought when that brand was at QVC.

If OP has a problem with pilling, it could be the brands she is buying.  To say it "all stinks and gets tossed after one washing" is an overstatement.   Why keep buying.    She is having a different experience than I have with the fleece I have bought.

Jackets don't needed to be washed very often, but I wash in cold water and hang to dry.  No problem.