New Contributor

What has happened to the Denim & Co Line?

My mom is retired and I still work full time. There was a time when I could buy most of our clothing from this line. They offered pretty tops, some with embroidery, some not, but always attractive. Now most of the tops feature not so attractive patterns or prints and are cut in less than flattering silhouettes. I think QVC should bring back some of the designers of old to breathe life back into this clothing line. It is very disappointing to try to shop Denim & Co now.
Honored Contributor

Re: What has happened to the Denim & Co Line?

I am from the days when you could buy an entire outfit in one item number. Jacket and pants and some were even 3 or 4 piece wardrobers, huge bang for your buck, gone are those days. I would love to see Sport Savvy come back. 

Contributor

I completely agree with you.  I am currently needing some capris and everything is out of stock.  I used to love their fashions, but can't find much to order anymore.  The trouble is all the plus size stores around me have gone out of business.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I miss sport savvy. I think D & Co became more casual when SS left. I was a young mom and had several SS casual outfits. Great for weekends, days off and vacations. I have several Graver blazers in various colors that I don't wear often, but it's good to have on hand.   

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Esteemed Contributor

@Danni Lee wrote:
My mom is retired and I still work full time. There was a time when I could buy most of our clothing from this line. They offered pretty tops, some with embroidery, some not, but always attractive. Now most of the tops feature not so attractive patterns or prints and are cut in less than flattering silhouettes. I think QVC should bring back some of the designers of old to breathe life back into this clothing line. It is very disappointing to try to shop Denim & Co now.

I agree with you also............the large prints, stripes, and even the DARTS on everything drive me nuts.  To me they look more matronly even though they claim it is 

more "modern" lines lately.  When QVC follows a fad...they do it to death........every designer does similar fashions so for the last 2 years its been LARGE prints, zippers everywhere, TUNIC everything,  round neck collars...elbow sleeves, etc.   I used to order alot of D&C and SG..........but very little these days....its not for me...i shop Macys or Kohls instead these days.

Honored Contributor

@Danni Lee wrote:
@Danni Lee 
@Danni Lee , I totally agree. D&Co. has been so disappointing. The line used to be a go to for attractive tops, now the colors, prints and styles are a complete turn off. You will hear from folks who don't agree, and so they are serving many customers, but I miss the older styles. They were never cutting edge, but reliable clothing.
" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

The last few D&Co tops I bought were so big and long I gave them to my granddaughter who is taller. 
   I'm 5'1" and tunics and elbow sleeved look terrible on me. 
   If I buy clothing from QVC anymore it's on special with free shipping so It can be worn at home or in the yard. It's too expensive to return. 
   I'm glad the OLD DENIM & Co was made so well with better fabrics and stitching. I'll wear it forever! 😍

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

What I often mock is when D&C trots out a bunch of tops with some kind of cheesy trimming. It looks like they bought a bunch of junky trimming, didn't know what to do with it and just threw it on the bottoms (ugh ugh) or around the sleeves.

It always looks cheap and tossed together. I've seen a few tops I like but won't spend money on that tacky, ugly trim.

Honored Contributor

@mrskey wrote:

I completely agree with you.  I am currently needing some capris and everything is out of stock.  I used to love their fashions, but can't find much to order anymore.  The trouble is all the plus size stores around me have gone out of business.

@mrskey   They've had capris, peddle pushers, shorts and crops but they don't last forever.  You can't wait until June to shop for them. 

I personally love bright geometric or abstract prints for summer.  Seems like all they have are big, ugly flowers. Embroidery is out and looks matronly.  I think when they had the big layoff last year they dumped most of the D&C design team.  Now Gary makes adding a new color to an old design sound like a big deal. 

I hate some of the fabrics they've introduced like Heavenly Jersey (looks like a sweater but thin and you freeze) and Perfect Jersey (rubbery and clingy).  You can tell he's never worn either.

The whole line needs a breath of fresh air as it looks old and dated. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've said before here, that QVC needs *new* *young* *design out the box* designers who can come up w/some *fresh* designs when it comes to clothing.

I love D&C because they have every color in the rainbow & then some. Smiley LOL  I am strictly a "casual gal."

All of my capri's are from D&C.  Most of my "V" neck long tees are from D&C.  I grab them PRONTO!  Gary's designers have served their time.  Time for some youngens to get on board to showcase their casual-every color in the rainbow spectrum collection.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif