Esteemed Contributor

Re: What has happened to the Denim & Co Line?

[ Edited ]

One of the things I hope they continue with is the Original Waist pants.  I live in these.   I do have D & C clothes, but choose very carefully. 

I don't care for Gary as a designer.  Have not watched the Tuesday shows for a long time.  Don't like the banter between him and Carolyn.

Honored Contributor

I'm a fan of their original waist pants - I've been buying them for years.

As far as the other stuff they sell these days - just not a fan of the direction their designs are going these days.  I don't like the cuts, colors or prints.  

A rare occasion comes up that I do buy some other D&Co piece

Frequent Contributor

I think Isaac is a good alternative to D&C type clothing & the prices are similar.  Gary needs to go.  Carolyn needs to do other types of shows but not D &C.  They have ruined this line.  The clothes are so ugly & overpriced.

Trusted Contributor

They show so many nice colors for the D&C crops/capris with side pockets; however, everything is sold out.   This has been going on for a few years already.   I remember years ago they would have a wonderful selection of colors and my problem then was which do I pick.  Now I can't find any to pick from!

Contributor

My comments will I am sure get me some haters but, it's pretty clear that the target audience for this line leans to an older crowd. From the florals and prints being used to the designated primary host, models and designer, the line screams older. I am not saying that tweeners are watching and I am not that young either but I don't want to dress in clothes that make me look older. If this is the audience they are trying to reach, so be it, I will shop another line or elsewhere. 

Esteemed Contributor

@dylanfan wrote:

I think Isaac is a good alternative to D&C type clothing & the prices are similar.  Gary needs to go.  Carolyn needs to do other types of shows but not D &C.  They have ruined this line.  The clothes are so ugly & overpriced.

I'm not a big fan of the Garalyns either. I don't think Gary is at all suited to design for denim and Company. I'm sure he's a very nice man and all, but the line has gone seriously downhill ever since he's taken over. That's just my opinion, and those of others it seems.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I noticed when reading this thread that some referenced and wished 'Sport Savvy' would return.  A few weeks ago, Gary was on with Carolyn and he mentioned Sport Savvy was, in his words, not really gone but is now called Denim & Co Active.  So, take what you'd like or not from his statement and I'm sure some will weigh in on his statement.   

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!
Respected Contributor

What struck me watching the show this morning was the number of items over $50 with fees and shipping, many over $60. At that price point for casual clothes I want to wear them more than one season and that means avoiding anything with exaggerated styling that quickly looks dated (poofy sleeve details or exaggerated hemlines and wild prints). I'm not buying much right now as I have a largely unworn fall wardrobe from last year. I do love the colors and fabrics and cozy clothes of the fall.

Contributor

Spoiler
FRUSTRATED D&C CUSTOMER!

I agree (regarding previous post). Denim & Company COULD be a "classics" for casual wearers. Basics. More & more of us are wearing comfortable, basic wardrobes in natural fabrics, however D&C keeps bringing out current "trends."

Does QVC know (or care) that most of us can buy higher-end basics at our Nordstroms, Dillards, etc. for LESS than what they are charging for D&C. (and don't even get me started on their "designer lines" like Logo, etc.)

We want STRAIGHT LEG denim jeans. They bring us leggings and joggers for years. We want a button-front, white shirt...and one in blue denim. They bring us patch-work designs in awful colors. We want T-shirts in basic colors (black, tan, white, grey) and maybe a few other colors. They bring us 15 colors that we don't want...and the basics sell out within the first hour on air.

If they care: Camo, animal prints, leggings, skinny pants, and joggers are NO LONGER in style. We can find those anywhere (including Blairs)...but not on QVC.

And, while I'm airing my frustration: What is with Sandra Bennett interrupting Gary after asking him questions? What's ok about Carolyn's squirrel routine - ridiculous! It's much more pleasant watching hostesses on HSN. 

Frequent Contributor

I agree with everything you said. I watched Denim & Co when Jill was the host many years ago. Simple classic designs, nice fabrics, well made tees, sweaters, etc. The basics. After Jill started doing more home shows and gave up D&C, Carolyn took over and it became all about her. The posing, the figure-flattering comments(lol), how many she owns in how many colors. Just too much. Then along comes Gary. The Walmart prints, the thrift store looks, the squirrels. I know everything good comes to an end. This is what D&C is now and has been for quite some time.