Esteemed Contributor

Re: What has happened to the Denim & Co Line?

Gary seems impressed with himself presenting a white camp shirt with orange dots.

My closet used to be FULL of Denim & Co.........going to office stuff.........now only 2 pair of jeans hang there.

Frequent Contributor

One word answer to this question....Gary.

Honored Contributor

I think Denim and Co. is trying to stay in the middle between more matronly clothes that appeal to older women and more modern clothes.

They are making a terrible mess of it, however.  There are basics that would appeal to a lot of people like the nice elastic waist pants in several lengths; t-shirts for mostly comfort wear; and casual dresses to wear at home but that look nice enough to run to the grocery store.

It seems that those are being way more limited.  And I don't understand that.

They try to "update" some stuff with horrid prints and garish colors.  I don't know who thinks these are attractive but they sure crank them out. 

Real fashion is not their forte and never has been.  It's too difficult to form fit clothes, so more relaxed dressing that generates fewer returns I can understand, appreciate and buy.  I don't want to send stuff back.  And there are other places for nicer clothes and more fashionable styles.

They however have cheapened their clothing and materials to a degree where I hesitate to buy and am often disappointed now.  What they have done to Stan and Hochmann lines is awful.  And to some Isaac's dresses--made out of unbelievably crummy material.

Sorry to be so long, but it's what I really think.

Respected Contributor

I totally agree! This was my go to line for work and casual weekend wear. I have several shirts that I wear and wore to work. I always got compliments on them. People would ask me where I got them. Being a plus size, 2X top and short, 5' 2".  It's not easy finding nice looking tops that aren't too long! Denim and Co. always fit the bill for me. No more! The tops I have are old! I've been retired six years in June and I was wearing some of them years before I retired! I have three new tops here now to return! They are just too long! One of them has a print that reminds me of a hospital gown! I'm another long time customer who is very disappointed with the changes in this line!

"Kindness is like snow ~It beautifies everything it covers"
-Kahlil Gibran
Respected Contributor

I am a long time customer of Denim & Co.  There are some items (tops) that interest me but not as much as before.  I have stopped wearing/ordering their pants because of the baggy fit (always in the front area region).  When my husband notices and says my pants are always baggy, there's a problem.  My husband hardly ever notices a thing.  I don't wear prints/stripes.  It's just not a good look on me.  I do like tunic length tops which there still seems to be options but I'm having such a difficult time with the fit.  It's like I went to a taylor who did a really bad job.  The sleeves can be too tight, then really loose across the breast or vice versa.  I just packaged up 4 Denim & Co. shirts for return (2 each are the same).  I've had Denim & Co shirts from years past that I can still wear in the same size I'm ordering now.  In fact, I got a compliment on one of them at Michael's.  But the sizing on tops now are just not the same.  

Frequent Contributor

I cannot abide this new trend of theirs in tops with a very short front and a very long back....I am plus size, so I look at the plus sized models for guidance; when I see their tummy's showing I know this is not a good top for me.

Buying less and less from D&C. Now I record the shows and scan through them on 4x because I cannot look at another ugly, poorly cut top.

The big splashy prints must go...even my husband comments that 'they look like something my mother would have worn'....and the patchwork type prints....no words for some of the tasteless clothing they are cranking out. The items I bought many years ago and still use (washable suede trench coat, blazer, trousers) are classic.

Stick to the classics...and please no more lollipop edging on tops.....we are not little girls! And the colors.....if I see another antique rose/brown rose pant, top etc. I am going to scream...that color does not belong on anyone, it's like death (no offense to anyone, I just think it's not flattering)...what happened to classic navy (dark), charcoal, camel, real red, cream. Baby blue, aqua, pink, lime need to be dropped!

IMHO...sorry for the rant..

Susan

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've continued to purchase several items from Denim & Co every year since 2004. I see no shortage of Denim & Co in my closet whatsoever. This year alone (And it is only April) I have acquired several new jeans and tops that are FABULOUS!

Some of them...

A383259 - I'll start with this top...gave a 100 star review for it!

A383285 - lovely top!

A383381 - great jeans...got a few in the reg length too

A393019 - got the pear multi...gorgeous print!

A367987 - jean jacket...came back for a size small in both antique wash and dark indigo

A393388 - love the new cool design with ombre...ordered the dark chambray

A375260 - I have 3 colors 

A393389 - AWESOME crop pants...got the black and then ordered the olive (had to patiently wait for a cancellation in the small)

A303135 - been replacing these with smaller sizes for a few years now...love them

A378199 - great joggers...

There are other D&Co tops/pants I have ordered fairly recently...like the latest QVC2BigDeal set of 2 t-shirts...I got in the blue & mint, but you get the idea. I certainly don't see anything wrong with the Denim & Co line and think Gary and his team are doing a great job.

Esteemed Contributor

I have never come to D&Co. for fashion. I want basics in a wide range of sizes, including Petite and tall that will last year after year and are affordable.

Hoping my denim Bermuda shorts from years past fit (they should- covid weight gone, and then some). I can buy stylish jeans for a lot less at Nordstrom Rack and tee shirts & denim jean jackets for less at LE, Target and virtually anywhere else other than D&Co.

I did buy a couple of D&Co swimsuits in 2019 at the outlet for a crazy good price and I liked them, although the support of the built-in bras needed improvement. If the pool opens up this summer I will see what D&Co Swim has to offer as only one of the suits will still fit-maybe. The others are too big.

Respected Contributor

According to Gary everyone loves perfect jersey, 3/4 sleeves and his wonderful designs!  Not!

I wish every show didn't have Gary sitting there in his chair... today he complained about the neighbors dog barking. Carolyn stuck up for the dog.

I haven't figured out why he has to be there.

I will buy the cotton knit joggers -- love them. 

Valued Contributor

I kind of wish this line would be the basic line for QVC and not try and be designer...it does not work.  You cannot be all things to all people.  Leave the cutout back tee shirt to another line.  If I want a v neck long sleeve tee shirt in fifteen colors I should be able to go to denim and co and see it...in stock in a lot of sizes.