Valued Contributor

What happened to the sizing of Denim & Co. pants?

I have been buying A5335 Denim & Co Original Waist Stretch Pants for a few years.  I bought a similar corduroy version this winter and they fit great.  I thought I would refresh a couple of colors for spring.  Both pairs of the new pants that I just bought are two inches smaller around the waist than the pair I have from 2 years ago.  They must have changed the fabric because the new pairs did not shrink in the length as they have in the past.  I bought the regular length because I could count on them to shrink and inch or two.  This is so frustrating.  Now I have to return them and try a different size.  Has anyone else found the sizing to have changed?

Honored Contributor

Re: What happened to the sizing of Denim & Co. pants?

I believe the measurements on these pants changed a while back.  I don't take anything for granted.  I check and triple check measurements before I order anything.  Doesn't matter if it's a new item or something I already have.

Regular Contributor

Where is Antonella Nestor? Is she hiding in a jewelry program, somewhere?

Contributor

I've had the same problem.  Just sent size M back - they fit fine last year.  Noted that the ones from last year were made in Mexico; these were made in Nicaragua.  Won't chance the double s/h to try another size.  Sad to say, guess it's back to the b&m stores to try them at no cost.

Honored Contributor

I haven't noticed any change in the sizing of D & C pants.  I have dozens of them going back to the mid 90's and they're consistently the same size.  I've probably bought a dozen in the past year...all the same size and fit the same.  Maybe yours got stretched, OP?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@prisrob wrote:

Where is Antonella Nestor? Is she hiding in a jewelry program, somewhere?

@prisrob  This thread is about D & C pants.  What's Antonella got to do with the subject?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I saw the size charts when I thought about buying something last week, and just decided I'd go to the mall and try things on. I've bought pants for D & C and they too (like the OP) varied, especially in length. First ones I had to hem up and next ones, I left as is. Therefore, it's easier to go try them on w/o the waiting for them to arrive, and as long as I can go to the stores nearby, I should. Far easier to do something that way for me, than all the back and forth.

Esteemed Contributor

I bought one pair about a year or so ago to try them and one leg was a couple of inches wider than the other. Rather than return them I had a friend who sews fix them. Haven't ordered anymore since then.

Honored Contributor

A few years ago denim & co changed their sizing to a newer slimmer look - if you look at their size chart and then at the pants sizes the pants are now about 2" smaller than the size they give for your hips. They sized me right out of buying them because if I buy to get a size I am comfortable in for the hips they are huge around the waist and keep sliding down.

Esteemed Contributor

They put too much spandex in there pants. I only buy the jeans and so far they have not changed for me in size. The pants with the elastic around the waist I would imagine would stretch out over time. I mean between the spandex and the elastic what do you expect? Just saying....