Trusted Contributor

Re: Wear the correct size when presenting fashions.

Agree Agree Agree....thanks for the post @KarenklmsSmiley Surprised

Esteemed Contributor

I totally agree.  The point of showing the garments on various size models is to give the viewers an idea of how something fits.

Personally, I have always purchased based on how something fits/looks vs the tag size.  If you wear something that is too tight, you look heavier.  I like to see how something fits all the way around.  Standing still or posing is not how most of us live.  Oh, and I always thought that a jacket/coat should be able to be closed.

New Contributor

Okay here's my two cents....the hosts and the models do fine. Each designer has a different scale for sizing. I can wear a 12 in most pants and in others I have to wear a 14. Same with tops..I wear an extra large and at times have to size down to a large. I do NOT pay attention to what sizes the models or hosts say they are wearing..they ALL have different builds so it won't work for us to judge our sizes by looking at them (BTW..they are all beautiful and look great). Each line of clothing has it's how to measure and get proper sizing for each item. I suggest we all try that..I've been doing that and it works out so much better in the long run. Only because I ordered an extra large (my regular comfy size) in a Denim and company top and found when I got it it was huge on me. I had to return for a large. If I would've used the chart for measuring my bust, midriff, etc.I probably would've realized I needed the large in that particular brand. Ordering online at retailer site is very difficult...no two companies cut their fabrics and sew the same as the other..one designers 12 may not be a 12 in another designers fashion and fits like a 10. Even in stores where I shop I have to go in dressing room with several sizes of same item..and find the perfect fit that way.There's no standard for all anymore.   It is sometimes the luck of the pick...don't blame the models or hosts...they put on what feels good for them while working on the show. Hosts and designers tell us if we are uncertain of size try the measuring chart, for that item....it is how I am going to do it from now on..it just makes sense to do that. 

I think Jackie looks awesome, as does Shawn. They all do. 

Honored Contributor

@IMWwrote:

Leah often says she wears a large- the jackets look like there’s no way it’s even close. Btw she’s one of my favs.

The worst offender is my favorite model Jackie. She is so gorgeous why does she very frequently wear too tight clothing?

@IMW  I totally agree.  I love her based on her on-air personality and the snippet bio I have read about her.  She seems to wear so very hard both for QVC and the family/community.  I would love to see her in a 16 or even an 18 if she is wearing a 14.

Super Contributor

While I agree that some hosts & models would look nicer (to me, anyways), I am glad they don't size up.  With the model Jackie, some of the clothes fit her fine in size L.  When she is wearing something that fits her tighter, that tells me something about the fit of that garment.  I do have to give her credit for wearing some of the things she has to as she can look uncomfortable, tugging shirts or jackets back in place.  Of course, that just might be my own bias and how I would feel on HD tv wearing something that close fitting.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

I like it when they show models in small or medium. It seems to be so much of xxs or xl. 

Esteemed Contributor

I remember when Jayne and Pat were teamed together for the morning fashion shows. If they were showing the item and it was a jacket and they could not zip or button it, Jayne would say I rather not button or zip the jacket I always wear my jackets open. Really Jayne what is the point of a jacket with a zipper or button if you can not close it?Woman Frustrated 

Respected Contributor

my sister and I are the same physical size, measurements almost the same.

we choose different clothing sizes.   because we wear them differently.

i like loose and she likes more fitted.

neither of us is right or wrong.  just individuals.

no way every model or host would wear clothing to my liking.

nor would i expect them to.

~~who/what is responsible for your joy? YOU!~~
Frequent Contributor

Yes, yes, yes.  I totally agree. There are a few models and hosts who consistently wear apparel that is off size. Susan Graver is a big violator on pants fit. Her pants are so tight they look like they were painted on. I will not purchase a garment if it is unflattering on a model or host. It’s too expensive to return items because I was deceived by the presentation. I realize the stylists pull garments based on the models measurements. However, each brand is different and QVC doesn’t consider the variation.