Honored Contributor

Some of this new fall season’s colors are not very flattering on my skin tone,

[ Edited ]

I have neutral medium skin tone with a touch of an olive cast to it. I look good in turquoise and aqua but Jade makes me look sallow. I look good in Apple Red but the Copper Brown and Raisin Brown look dreadful on me. I'm not sure how the Winterberry would look. I had a bathing suit that color and I never really felt like it looked like a good color for me. Hot pinks and purples do look good on me but this shade seems better suited for those with no olive tones in their skin. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Some of this new fall season’s colors are not very flattering on my skin tone,

@Mindy D 

You are in luck.I think the color of the year will be aqua.

Honored Contributor

Re: Some of this new fall season’s colors are not very flattering on my skin tone,

Turquiose if more of a summer color. I wouldn't think you'd see that much in fall/winter.

Honored Contributor

@rms1954    In my wardrobe, Turquoise is 365 days a year.  There isn't much of it around this year.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@MalteseMomma I'm a color rebel! Maybe it's because I spent my first 62 years in Southern Cal. but I wear any color, any time of the year I want! I have light colored clothes I wear in the winter.

I don't feel colors are restricted to any one season. But that's just me!

Honored Contributor

@Mindy D wrote:

I have neutral medium skin tone with a touch of an olive cast to it. I look good in turquoise and aqua but Jade makes me look sallow. I look good in Apple Red but the Copper Brown and Raisin Brown look dreadful on me. I'm not sure how the Winterberry would look. I had a bathing suit that color and I never really felt like it looked like a good color for me. Hot pinks and purples do look good on me but this shade seems better suited for those with no olive tones in their skin. 

@Mindy D I have a cool medium tone with a touch of olive...how can I have a touch of olive with a cool tone?  I don't know but that's what it is.  I find that I look best in jewel tones, black & navy but many muted shades look dreadful on me. 

The new raisin brown also looks awful on me.  It can be frustrating sometimes finding the shades that work for me.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Love my grandkids wrote:

@MalteseMomma I'm a color rebel! Maybe it's because I spent my first 62 years in Southern Cal. but I wear any color, any time of the year I want! I have light colored clothes I wear in the winter.

I don't feel colors are restricted to any one season. But that's just me!

@Love my grandkids 

I  totally  agree!

I only said what I said because I had just read the post of the so called ,"IN" color of the year.

At 82 and a granny of 17 and great gran of 8 ,I wear whatever color i feel like and ..lol.......that just happens to be BLACK.......................lol  I just happen to  LOVE black.....lol

Super Contributor

Haddon9, I have a video for you IF I can copy/ paste to this link that has been so helpful to me...

https://youtu.be/uEYWhFYTEcE

Hope that worked!

Super Contributor

I don't look good in any colors with yellow undertones - olive, gold, orange, brown, beige, etc.  Fall colors except burgundy or teal and the cooler colors are terrible on me.  Why do they bring clothes out in colors to match seasons rather than taking skin tones into consideration?  I've noticed that designers tend to bring their things in colors that look good on them rather than considering their customers. 

Honored Contributor

I love pastel/blush tints of pink in the Winter.  Mostly lightweight mock neck pullover sweaters.  Worn with grey bottoms, even worn with black pants/jeans, for a retro look.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).