Occasional Contributor

Requesting Short Sizes in Jeans and Pants

I am not even close to petite fit in my rise. Except for length everything else is perfect fit in XL. But I now have tp spend additional $10 for every pair for hemming. Quacker short is always a perfect fit. I just like the variety of styles in Denim and Co. The prices are a little better too. I know I'm not alone in this problem. Many of the women I've worked with over the years have the same problem, but most didn't know short was different than petite. When I wasn't too shakey to sew it wasn't a problem. Thanks for listening to viewers sugestions.
Honored Contributor

Re: Requesting Short Sizes in Jeans and Pants

@robbyj

I’m in the same boat with you!  I am of average height, or what used to be considered average, but I am long-waisted with shorter legs.  So I need an average rise, but a short leg length.  Petites cut me in the rise; I can’t wear them.

I get many of my pants at Lands End now.  Some styles I can wear as is, others they will hem for free.  Although even they are limiting the styles they hem now.

Trusted Contributor

I’m in the same boat. I am 5’7” tall, longgg waisted with shorter legs. Like my Bassett hound!

I like the shorter lengths but there are a couple of lines at the Q that I have purchased petite and they have been great. 

Honored Contributor

I am a "small-short".............under 5'............but I have broad shoulders and wide hip bones.    Petites make me squirm.    I need just plain "short".

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

Or you ladies could learn to do a simple hem.  I'm a petite and hate the short lengths.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Contributor

Add me to the list of wants 'short'.  Not too long ago, I was taught to differentiate between petite and short...who knew? 😂😂. Short is not always easy to find so I'm hoping D&C can help us out.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Or you ladies could learn to do a simple hem.  I'm a petite and hate the short lengths.

@Kachina624    I learned to hem when I was in grade school.    Took dressmaking in high school, and tailoring in college.    Friends, relatives and neighbors took advantage of me, and brought "mending" over to the house.   Now.....I won't admit that I know how to sew.......or even have a machine.  di

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I can and do.  But it would be nice to have the option to be able to not have to alter every pair of brand new pants I buy.  I didn’t mind hemming when I could buy a decent pair of pants for $10-15, but with the prices now, I’d like to not have to alter my clothes before I can wear them.

It’s just an idea.  I realize that not everyone can be accommodated with their specials wants and needs, but if enough people are interested in something, it just might be something that would sell.  

Trusted Contributor

I, too, would prefer "short". I am under 5 feet and have difficulties finding anything that fits. Sometimes crop pants fit, but since the knee isn't where it belongs, it can look funny, at least to me. And even though I suppose I could learn to hem, I'd rather not spend the $$ to buy pants and have to cut them up.