Trusted Contributor

Question re: D&C oversized pieces

If you're busty, is it safe to size down on these tops?  I've never purchased any of these tops before, but I really like the one they showed today (3/14/17).  Any comments would be appreciated.

Thank you!!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Question re: D&C oversized pieces

I am kind of busty too (and hate it).  Go by the garment measurements.  Pick the size where the chest measurement of the top is a few more inches than your own.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Trusted Contributor

@Puppy Lips wrote:

I am kind of busty too (and hate it).  Go by the garment measurements.  Pick the size where the chest measurement of the top is a few more inches than your own.

Thanks, Puppy.  I used to depend on garment measurements alone, but that's no longer the case (for me at least).  I always try to get some feedback from those who already own the piece.  Based on measurements alone, a Large should fit me.  I normally wear either XL or 1X.  I am just getting tired of returning things, so I thought I would throw the question out there.  "Hit or miss" sizing is getting old!  

Thanks for taking the time to reply!

Respected Contributor

@10000Nicknames. As long as you don't carry extra weight in your tummy and hips, you can definitely go down a size.  I am busty and larger on top than bottom...sizing down one size works for me.

Trusted Contributor

@Trudey wrote:

@10000Nicknames. As long as you don't carry extra weight in your tummy and hips, you can definitely go down a size.  I am busty and larger on top than bottom...sizing down one size works for me.

@Trudey, define "extra." Lol  

I guess I better think about it. 

Honored Contributor

Typically, you can go down I size.  I use the click here measurements and rarely have an issue with size.

Honored Contributor

The only problem in sizing down might be with fitting through the shoulders.  I always order them in my regular size, although they're very large through the chest.  Why don't you compare the actual garment measurements with a shirt you already own.  Find then at the end of the description where it says "click here". 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

The only problem in sizing down might be with fitting through the shoulders.  I always order them in my regular size, although they're very large through the chest.  Why don't you compare the actual garment measurements with a shirt you already own.  Find then at the end of the description where it says "click here". 

Thanks Kachina, I did exactly that, and the measurements in a size Large were similar to another top I have in a 1X; BUT, that 1X top shrunk. So, I ordered this oversized top in an XL, right in the middle of the 2 sizes. Just in case in shrinks. Fingers crossed!!