Occasional Contributor

Prop 65 is blocking my D&C shipments to California...

I called QVC twice (the 1st rep didn't know & was snippy but the 2nd was knowledgeable & explained to me). I was told finally that QVC is reviewing Prop 65 guidelines until then almost every item shipped to California will be restricted. That includes Denim & Co. I was just trying reorder another D&C shirt that I received today & my order was blocked. QVC should have told the consumer long before & at least put a disclaimer on the item number. Most of my wardrobe is Denim & Co. I'm n8t blaming QVC but needless to say I'm not happy.

They are going to have a lot of angry & frustrated QVC customers....

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Prop 65 is blocking my D&C shipments to California...

Could you explain what Prop 65 entails for us - we on the East Coast?  Saw another reference to it on here few days ago.

Thanks

Honored Contributor

@fthunt wrote:

Could you explain what Prop 65 entails for us - we on the East Coast?  Saw another reference to it on here few days ago.

Thanks

@fthunt

CA Prop65 does not affect anyone outside of CA.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

Lots of clothes have chemicals in them.  I remember people working in the fabric stories told me the fabric (some of it) has formaldehide  in it.

Those little packages in the clothing are put there to keep the clothes dry and to keep bug from getting into them.

The clothes come from different countries and sit until they are shipped here.

Respected Contributor

it looks like the Q was asleep at the switch on this one.  i had some shoes blocked this a.m.  not. a. happy. camper.

Honored Contributor

@KatDesignsSomething CA did recently must have alerted the legal department to some sort of liability for companies like QVC.  I can't imagine anyone at QVC is trying to tick off consumers.

Because it's a CA thing that's affecting you, I'd suggest calling your nearest state representatibve 's office when they re-open Tuesday after the holiday.  Maybe they can figure out what's going on.

No idea why a CS rep would be snippy, but I do assume they don't all either have access to or understand maybe all the info they need and it's frustrating for them, too, when we get frustrated.  They have very few options to offer us.  Also, I have no idea how many reps there are, but lots and lots is my guess and I don't think they all work in a setting where there are supervisors or resource people of any kind to answer quick questions.

Esteemed Contributor

To ONE poster reply - I KNOW it doesn't apply to the East Coast - Gish - I just wanted to know what it was about.

Calmer Now:  between expected increased import charges going up from China AND this CA law - -QVC will be getting kicked $$$ from several directions.

(can't even ask a polite solid question on here any more)

Super Contributor

@KatDesigns wrote:

I called QVC twice (the 1st rep didn't know & was snippy but the 2nd was knowledgeable & explained to me). I was told finally that QVC is reviewing Prop 65 guidelines until then almost every item shipped to California will be restricted. That includes Denim & Co. I was just trying reorder another D&C shirt that I received today & my order was blocked. QVC should have told the consumer long before & at least put a disclaimer on the item number. Most of my wardrobe is Denim & Co. I'm n8t blaming QVC but needless to say I'm not happy.

They are going to have a lot of angry & frustrated QVC customers....

Did they have any idea when the problem would be resolved?  

You are correct, you cannot blame QVC for the California craziness.  Before long, we will need a permit to breathe.

Honored Contributor

@ms traditional wrote:

it looks like the Q was asleep at the switch on this one.  i had some shoes blocked this a.m.  not. a. happy. camper.

@ms traditional.  The way our moderators explained it was that the end of August was the deadline for companies to submit some required paperwork to either retailers or the state (?).  Those who failed to meet the deadline were blocked and legally their goods cannot be shipped to Ca. customers.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

How many threads are on this?  This is the fourth in a couple days.  Two of which were poofed.  This problem is qvc's.  They didn't meet the deadline.  Which was august 31.  Instead of products saying, " this product contains chemicals in prop 65", or something like that.  Now they have to tell a customer what is in the product that causes prop 65 to be enacted.

Up until august 31,  a customer was shipped an item with a warning notice that it contained an ingredient or chemical deemed by California law that can cause cancer.  Then,you were referred to a list online that listed a bazillion chemicals if you wanted to know.  But you never knew exactly what was in it that caused it to be labeled so.  Frustrating.  But they never specified which one was in your product.  Sometimes they said, cannot ship to california because of prop 65.  Prop 65 was all approved  by california voters.

But because of the ambiguous labeling, an amendment was approved to have sellers inform customers which chemical or ingredient is in your product that can cause cancer or illness.  It is because QVC did not meet the deadline,the products cannot be shipped.  Had they done it, products would have shipped with a notice like everyone else.   The products can be sold, they just require a notice.  I imagine this releases the vendor and qvc from being sued if someone got sick.