Respected Contributor

Re: Prop 65 is blocking my D&C shipments to California...

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

@ms traditional wrote:

it looks like the Q was asleep at the switch on this one.  i had some shoes blocked this a.m.  not. a. happy. camper.

@ms traditional.  The way our moderators explained it was that the end of August was the deadline for companies to submit some required paperwork to either retailers or the state (?).  Those who failed to meet the deadline were blocked and legally their goods cannot be shipped to Ca. customers.

@Kachina624 wrote:

@ms traditional wrote:

it looks like the Q was asleep at the switch on this one.  i had some shoes blocked this a.m.  not. a. happy. camper.

@ms traditional.  The way our moderators explained it was that the end of August was the deadline for companies to submit some required paperwork to either retailers or the state (?).  Those who failed to meet the deadline were blocked and legally their goods cannot be shipped to Ca. customers.

@Kachina624  interesting - but isn't Denim & Co QVC's entity?  according to one poster she wasn't able to get shipment from them.  my issue was with a pair of Isaac shoes. all I got is a notice saying QVC can't ship and to be in touch with Customer Service for further info.  i picked up that it was our Prop 65 that was behind it all here on the boards.

did you see a notice from Q on the boards explaining this beforehand or contemporaneously?  i didn't.   perhaps i missed it.  the first thing i saw was the "unable to ship" message. when placing an order.  i see Evine has a set-up like this where you enter your item number for further information:

CA PROP 65 WARNING
Please enter your item number in the search box below to see the consumer warning required for this item under California law.

as others have said, we have cumbersome regs here in Cali - cumbersome and numerous. believe me, i know!  to get info to consumers per the anticipated deadline on this one is proving to be a challenge to retailers.

ultimately  i just wanted those shoes !  but went elsewhere.

Honored Contributor

Re: Prop 65 is blocking my D&C shipments to California...

@ms traditional wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@ms traditional wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@ms traditional wrote:

@Kachina624  interesting - but isn't Denim & Co QVC's entity?  according to one poster she wasn't able to get shipment from them.  my issue was with a pair of Isaac shoes. all I got is a notice saying QVC can't ship and to be in touch with Customer Service for further info.  i picked up that it was our Prop 65 that was behind it all here on the boards.

did you see a notice from Q on the boards explaining this beforehand or contemporaneously?  i didn't.   perhaps i missed it.  the first thing i saw was the "unable to ship" message. when placing an order.  i see Evine has a set-up like this where you enter your item number for further information:

CA PROP 65 WARNING
Please enter your item number in the search box below to see the consumer warning required for this item under California law.

as others have said, we have cumbersome regs here in Cali - cumbersome and numerous. believe me, i know!  to get info to consumers per the anticipated deadline on this one is proving to be a challenge to retailers.

ultimately  i just wanted those shoes !  but went elsewhere.

@ms traditional   My guess would be that the responsibility would fall on the manufacturers of Denim & Co. products since they would have have first-hand knowledge of what goes into their process.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment