Please bring back button/zipper jeans in boot cut

Why is ever pair of jeans a pull on style?  Please tell me I am not the only person who wants a traditional button and zipper style.   Also, there are way more straight leg styles than boot cut.   I have tried, but they are not flattering on me.  Please, please bring a traditional denim jean in a button/zipper style with a boot cut and including tall lengths.  I would buy at least 3 pairs in different colors.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Please bring back button/zipper jeans in boot cut

You would be better off shopping for jeans at any store but the Q. 

I am tall & like you perfer button & zipper jeans.  I need to try my jeans on first.  So ordering online will not work for me.

I am 66 yrs young & not ready for "pull up" jeans *yet.*  Hopefully, I'll never be.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

Agree! I would also like to see more pants with a side zipper. Pull on pants are not as flattering as a pant with a zipper. Are we so lazy that we cannot pull up a zipper?

Trusted Contributor

@go gators What? You dont like the dreaded "Mom Jeans?" LOLOL Im just kidding and couldnt resist. My alter ego is out and about tonight as a joker to make people laugh. LOL I cracked up when I first heard the word "Mom Jeans" I didnt know what that was but someone described the pull up jeans that practically go up to the bra line. Of course the mental visual made me belly laugh  till I cried. I also like the zip up type jeans you mention and the best value I got was the Cookie Johnson Jeans I bought on clearance at HSN. They were originally 88-200 dollars marked down to 9-20 bucks on clearance. CJ by Cookie Johnson are high end jeans sold at Neimans I hear too and I was lucky to find on clearance. Best Jeans I ever owned. Got a whole bunch of styles too. G by Guiliani has a nice jean line over at HSN. I do not find much here though on QVC as far as cool jeans. Happy Hunting!

Honored Contributor

Have you looked at Hot in Hollywood?  

Regular Contributor

@Jewel22 wrote:

Agree! I would also like to see more pants with a side zipper. Pull on pants are not as flattering as a pant with a zipper. Are we so lazy that we cannot pull up a zipper?

I don't think it's about being lazy...I think it's about having choices.  I have a shelf full of button/zipper jeans but I also have wide waistband pull ons.  I find a wide, flat waistband is much more flattering with some longer tops which are meant to be worn untucked...you don't have the outline of the button fly showing through spoiling the line in front.

Respected Contributor

Several years ago, I bought  many Denim and Co. zippered jeans, even remember the item number...A45113.....They were the best jeans but mine are washed out looking now.  I've sent Gary a message a long time ago, reguesting more but I'm afraid it's fallen on 'deaf ears'.....We can only hope.

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

try these new bootcut jeans.  (A283146) Very nice and they are NOT mom jeans .  Hits right below the belly button.  Good reviews too.  They also come in some colors.

(A283148)  These #'s are for the regular length but they DO come in peite as well.  FYI colored denim  is slightly smaller in legs/hips thighs
Respected Contributor

I have skinny jeans (zip) to wear with a few longer tops but also the type of subtly bootcut jeans you mention, which I wear sometimes in winter with classic heeled loafers for a tall, lean line. My bootcut jeans are denim & co. from at least five or six years ago, and they zip up. I don't buy pull-on pants, and I fear having to replace those good old jeans, which really fit well. I'm with you.

Contributor

i just received a pair of GILI bootcut jeans and they are wonderful! Found them on Zulily for over $40 cheaper than on the Q. Excellent  fabric although you do need to wash a few times before wearing. i ordered my normal size 12, and as I indicated, I'm thrilled at not paying$125+ for nice looking boot cuts.