Super Contributor

New to Denim and Company - need help with sizing for today's special

[ Edited ]

Hi All,

I am new to Denim and Company and really like the fleece tunic length jacket offered as a special today- QVC2 Big Deal.  The sizing seems very large.  I am a true retail size Medium 10-12 (36D).  I looked on the actual garment sizing and this line seems to run huge.  What size would you go with for that fleece jacket offered today?

Respected Contributor

Re: New to Denim and Company - need help with sizing for today's special

@Beeweaver wrote:

Hi All,

I am new to Denim and Company and really like the fleece tunic length jacket offered as a special today- QVC2 Big Deal.  The sizing seems very large.  I am a true retail size Medium 10-12 (36D).  I looked on the actual garment sizing and this line seems to run huge.  What size would you go with for that fleece jacket offered today?

Denim & Co takes vanity sizing to a whole new level.........if you're a true medium in most other lines, a small would be fine for you in D & Co. 

Honored Contributor

I totally agree with that.  I am a true small and I am an X-Small in D&C.  Fits perfectly fine sizing down.  

Esteemed Contributor

This will make you dizzy - but - D&Co tops I still need a large just like purchases from anywhere (my shoulder and bust area = a large)  However....pants are a whole different animal.  Years ago a medium fit me perfectly - but starting around year 2000 they switched to different manufacturers and "M" has become a Large primarily in the hip/butt area. Now D&CO "M" pants are huge, material doesn't even touch my skin.  How bad is that?  However (again) due to where they are made:  a capri fits perfectly, slugs my hips I like.... but long jeans are way out of whack. 

Super Contributor

Does anyone have this or another jacket like this in Denim and Company?

Honored Contributor

This item is large, but it's a jacket.  You could easily go down a size.  Go by the garment measurements, not the letter size.

Respected Contributor

Yes.  Look at “click here” for best measurements. 

The last  few few T-shirt’s I’ve gotten, Ordering my usual “small” since I am a size 8, have been too sloppy. They don’t shrink much in the wash either. Too bad. 

Respected Contributor

Replying to myself: don’t forget a jacket sometimes is worn with other bulky items under so getting your regular size might work. Look at the shoulder width and the sweep to get a better feel for what size you want.  

Esteemed Contributor

Vanity sizing ... Denim and company runs very large.

Respected Contributor

I only have a few D&C items, the most recent order I sized up & it fit fine. I am plus size & always worried about ordering, since some QVC sizing doesn't seem consistent.