Honored Contributor

The long sleeved Denim & Co. and Isaac shirts I've bought for winter wear are so thin that I can't get warm.  No wonder they're selling a boatload of those long cardigans.  You need something to wear with the flimsy shirts to keep from freezing.  Wonder if Gary thought we wouldn't notuce how thin D&C has become?  I went on Amazon today and ordered myself some thermal undershirts.  I'll dig out my old shirts before I'll buy anymore new.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624  So true!! I thought it was just me.I find myself layering more.

Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624, I’m with you!  First, it seems we’ve gone from summer straight to winter here in the Vegas area.  Today, high in 50s - actually layered two Logo tops (never thought I’d do that, LOL), with Spanx leggings and a lined tweed vest, topped off with boots from last year.  Was warm enough and got two compliments, one at the bank and the other at the market.  Who knew? I sure didn’t.  

Esteemed Contributor

I stopped buying Denim and Co. many years ago when their quality went downhill. Used to love their items and bought a lot. Have item numbers that I would buy all over again if Gary would return the the quality and designs Denim and Co. formerly sold. They were so well-made, attractive and great selection of colors. <sigh> 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

Know what you mean!  I am going to have to layer more myself!  At work it is always so hot --- I find that I cannot wear much of my sweaters at all --- I just melt.  I don't know what temperature these people set their homes at but it must be very high beacause they are always cold in there and I am just roasting.  I look at the thermostat in there a lot and it is hovering near 80!!!!  When I go home it is kind of the opposite, we keep our thermostat set at about 68-70 as we both feel better when it is a bit cooler--- easier to breathe!  However, then because of the change in temps, I get a bit chilly at home and  need to layer or put on a heavier sweater. When I retire, I am going to have to dress entirely differently then what I have been used to!!! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

Layering is the trend.

When I look at a video, I usually can see right through the garment.

Honored Contributor

Just speaking with a person about how thin clothing is ,every where you look ,at all clothing it is thin, just terrible quality.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Esteemed Contributor

@BirkiLady wrote:

I stopped buying Denim and Co. many years ago when their quality went downhill. Used to love their items and bought a lot. Have item numbers that I would buy all over again if Gary would return the the quality and designs Denim and Co. formerly sold. They were so well-made, attractive and great selection of colors. <sigh> 

I agree with you. The quality is not there anymore, nor is the styling. I like Gary - he's a nice guy, but the styles they come up with are frumpy and not well made. They need to totally revamp Denim & Co. (revert to better quality garments and more updated styling). 

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624  If you need natural fibers (wool, silk, cotton, linen), I've been buying a lot of my tops from Europe for all seasons. Check on-line: WoolOvers USA dot com  . . . I think you'll find the prices to be reasonable, the quality to be fabulous, shipping is free for over $100, Customer Service is exceptional (although different time zones), and if returns are necessary (I've never had to return anything) WoolOvers have an address in NYC so returns are not expensive! They are a customer-friendly company. I've been buying from them for four years and their wools are so warm, not scratchy and easy to hand wash. Their silk and cotton blends are wonderful for warm weather! I haven't purchased anything from QVC in many, many years or Dillard's in four years (for tops). This is the best place for quality tops. They wear and wear and wear. 

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Regular Contributor

what especially irritate me about Denim & Co. is that the fabric is so THIN. When they show something like a sweater or shirt that's white, you can see right through it. Even 25 cents would be too much for a garment like that.