Occasional Contributor

I have a Denim & Co cardigan made of heavenly jersey.  Liked it at first but the fabric began to pill and now it looks rather messy.  I have read many reviews of garments made of this fabric and I found that many of you had the same problem.  That being the case, why are so many of the new fall items heavenly jersey?  At least two of the items in this afternoon's show were made of this fabric.  Doesn't make sense to me.  

Respected Contributor

I really like the feel of this material and have tops and cardigans.  Have had minor issue with some piling, but no more so than many other materials.  A pills shaver works wonders but I have not had piling that requires shaving.with this material.  I just recently boughts 2 of the printed cardigans in heavenly jersey.  Have washed them and they came out fine.

Esteemed Contributor

With the exception of material like SG's liquid knit, I find that most all poly shirts pill after continued washing and wearing them. I have some Marla Wynne tops that I bought last year in my favorite style (v-neck, swing-type shirt), and the ones that I wear most often have pilled as well. It doesn't bother me - I now save them for the days I either don't go anywhere or just run up to Walmart or Walgreen's. When they were new, I  wore them frequently when I had to go out somewhere and wanted to look nice. But at some point, they just start looking older....like everything does!! (Smiley face)!

Valued Contributor

I have read so many comments about pilling and wondered why so many of us have this issue.

It occurred to me that our shoulder belts/seat belts are a big culprit in the wear of our tops. 

I purchased a cover for my seatbelt strap and it has helped some.

Honored Contributor

I love heavenly jersey.  I had a top of two that pilled.  Now I wash them inside out and haven't had issues.  Not sure if that helped or the fabric is different than when it first came out.

Honored Contributor

I really like the Heavenly Jersey and have recently received but haven't worn a couple of pieces.  Thank you so much all of you for mentioning this.  I will hold off from buying anything else.

@GCR18. @MrsH. @Libbylady. @jannabelle1. @KathyM23

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment