Honored Contributor

But @Effie54 

The few pieces of D&C I own are well made, sturdy and have lasted for years!

They wash and dry and still look new.

It isn't really my style at all, but I have found the quality to be very good for the price.

I have gotten a few 'similar' things at Aldi's and Wally....lasted barely one season and did not wash well.  

Granted, the prices have gone way up, but I blame that on the recession, employee shortages, supply chain issues, CRAZY cost of fuel to ship etc.

The price of fuel is crippling this country.

Let's not forget all the ships sitting off the coast....

Valued Contributor

@RespectLife wrote:

But @Effie54 

The few pieces of D&C I own are well made, sturdy and have lasted for years!

They wash and dry and still look new.

It isn't really my style at all, but I have found the quality to be very good for the price.

I have gotten a few 'similar' things at Aldi's and Wally....lasted barely one season and did not wash well.  

Granted, the prices have gone way up, but I blame that on the recession, employee shortages, supply chain issues, CRAZY cost of fuel to ship etc.

The price of fuel is crippling this country.

Let's not forget all the ships sitting off the coast....

Well I agree that initial prices are too high but wait a bit. I check their clearance page often and find bargains. Love their long sleeve button downs. I have one on the way now for $21 and free ship. I don't shop stores anymore so ordering is so handy. I find they have too many tunic length shirts though. I am stumpy. lol

Esteemed Contributor

Watching now. $61 for a blouse + shipping & tax😂😂😂😂

Honored Contributor

The problem with shopping for clothes at Costco & Walmart for me....I could be wrong about this....is that they don't have petites.

I shop at Costco and if I see a pair of nice pants they never give the inseam measurement and I'm sure it's going to be way too long for me.  Which means an extra cost to get hemmed.  I would rather just buy from a retailer who offers petite pants and long sleeved tops which the Q does!

Esteemed Contributor

This morning a flannel shirt was $69 +tax + shipping.  I just bought one at Old Navy. It was $4.99 + tax.  My car gets 40 mi/gal so I have the time, gas & money to shop.  

Honored Contributor

My style and colors don't change - so I can probably survive on what's already in the closet (unless I gain or lose weight).

I'm not even tempted by what I'm seeing on QVC.  Some of the product reps and hosts sound a bit desperate lately.

What I am spending my time and money on is yarn.  Making some stuff for myself and some afghans for charity.

Esteemed Contributor

I have enough clothes so I really don't need more. I do look to see what is offered.  But the prices are high and if I really really really need something... Hello Internet. 

New Contributor

I so agree and it's very disappointing. I used to wear nothing but D&Co jeans because the pricing was so reasonable. Never bought from department stores. Now the prices are sky high and quality doesn't look too great either. 😏 I'm not taking the chance with ordering them because something tells me they won't fit or I won't like them and I'm not willing to pay the $6.95 return fee. I've already been there too many times. 

Honored Contributor

Well, I think we can see from this and previous threads that those who will defend QVC are not going to change their feelings.

It's always saying inflation is everywhere, prices are up everywhere, there are good sales on clearance here etc.

Those clearance prices and last chance prices are what so many retailers are selling for the original price! And there are only some sizes and colors left

when ordering those "sales" and clearance here.

So those who think QVC prices are great and reasonable will always "shop" here. And those who know, as really all do, there are much lower prices everywhere to be found for the same or better quality!

I'm not saying I never order from QVC, just rarely, because I agree w/ the OP and all those who feel the same about QVC.

Take Macy's-Karen Scott-super prices, Costco-Gloria Vanderbilt jeans -forget those astronomical oh i got these designer jeans prices.

It's all in the minds of what we "need," but really want for an image? to say we can afford anything?Because of the fit? I don't think any better than reasonably priced. I don't know.

Clothes from Walmart have the same "fabrication" as most on QVC. No need to try to convince yourself otherwise. And they can last for years as well, and be just as well made with the advantage of trying on or easy returns if ordered

online.

Like many have felt, QVC's fashion days used to be so exciting. Waiting to see what new and interesting things they would bring. I think HSN has more of the pulse on what newer fashions are at least a lot of the time.

There really are so many differing views here. I think many are very proud to say they can afford anything and will and defend it forever -"nobodies business how I spend MY money." Kind of defensive replies and no need because no one really does care how any of us spend it.

I used to love QVC and still do love the days I've spent watching , sometimes buying but much more years ago.

I don't feel the need to defend a company that has changed so drastically over the years.

There will always be brand loyalty-some love QVC no matter what, some love Lands End, J Crew etc. But sometimes that loyalty fades when it no longer deserves it.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"