Highlighted
Frequent Contributor
Denim and co is just too expensive for me now…and then add the shipping. As a matter of fact all of QVC is too expensive lately . Not as much Q or V anymore.
Additionally shipping is outrageous… these are the days of free shipping at a lot of places. What gives? Shipping is a huge turnoff for me
Frequent Contributor

Honored Contributor

@Hoggie    Have you been to the grocery store lately?  Prices are up everywhere on everything.  I think D&C has kept to their price point very well except in some denim fabric itens.  Denim prices have surged in all lines because of a shortage of the fabric.

Do you know anywhere else where you can get a garment shipped for $3.50?  Yes, QVC has free shipping days occasionally too. 

Perhaps you need to move on and shop elsewhere.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

As I have stated here before ... I'm glad I own what I already do ...

Price and style wise ....

Esteemed Contributor

@Big Joanie wrote:

As I have stated here before ... I'm glad I own what I already do ...

Price and style wise ....

@Big Joanie Me too.  Barring a huge shift in my weight, up or down, I have enough clothes to last me for years.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

I don't think the shipping price is high at all but the items themselves are generally overpriced. 

Honored Contributor

@Hoggie 

For those who don't like long posts, you might want to skip this one.  

Yes, prices have gone up everywhere, but retailers where I shop are trying to keep increases reasonable.  Retailing reports are some are "eating" some of the increases in costs for fabrics and manufacturing.

I'm not seeing the high percentage increases like QVC by other retailers where I shop.  

Walmart announced it was lowering prices on clothing because of inflation.  I have seen lots of sales; however, I doubt there are many here who would even think of shopping at Walmart for clothing.  

Walmart's philosophy...we sell more and make more money at a lower price, than at higher prices, proves to be true.  

Walmart is one of the stores QVC uses to determine it's pricing; however, it's difficult to believe QVC is including Walmart's very low pricing.  It does say QVC takes Walmart clothing seriously.  

I don't normally shop at Walmart for my clothing, but there are good quality buys there at very low prices.  I purchased a buffalo check lined light weight coat last year.  All of the seams match.  70% cotton, 30% polyester, $29.00 on sale.  Originally, $49.  Fits beautifully.  Very good quality and construction for that price.  No one would know I only paid $29.  Good for running errands in Fall weather.  

We can continue to blame inflation, etc, but should retailers take advantage of a situation to make up for years of losses caused by poor executive management?  I think that's what's happening at QVC.

However, take note, QVC is offering many more sales and opportunities to save than I have seen before.  Buyers just have to watch for them.  

Honored Contributor

@Hoggie wrote:
Denim and co is just too expensive for me now…and then add the shipping. As a matter of fact all of QVC is too expensive lately . Not as much Q or V anymore.
Additionally shipping is outrageous… these are the days of free shipping at a lot of places. What gives? Shipping is a huge turnoff for me

I don't find $3.50 - $5.50 outrageous at all!

Sam's Club wants to charge me $5 shipping for one item......only Plus gets free shipping and we have a Business Membership.

Valued Contributor

Costco has excellent prices on very nice clothing , not a huge pick , but if you find what works for you it's a great deal ! 

Trusted Contributor

I just bought a pair of shoes from J.C. Penny and they charged me $8.95 to ship.