Reply
Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,911
Registered: ‎02-01-2015

Re: Enough with the squeeky squirrels

 

 

the amount of airtime the squirrel spiel gets is a few minutes per hour.

 

 

nothing remotely worth this drama

 

 

makes me wonder what the real issue is

~~who/what is responsible for your joy? YOU!~~
Occasional Contributor
Posts: 12
Registered: ‎10-01-2022

Re: Enough with the squeeky squirrels

good news for the squirrel haters, Gary forgot his squirrel on his Tuesday show with Carolyn.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 10,634
Registered: ‎10-09-2012

Re: Enough with the squeeky squirrels


@abbeydabby wrote:

good news for the squirrel haters, Gary forgot his squirrel on his Tuesday show with Carolyn.


 

Gary has "forgotten" his squirrel many times.  He's a very good sport; it was perhaps cute the first couple of times.  But it's Carolyn that has taken it into a forced part of every show.  Now there are t-shirts. I find it embarrassing and extremely corny. 

 

 

It reminds me of Jane Treacy's "Jane's Jam" a few years ago.  The shoe vendors would dance out onto the set every Shoe Shopping with Jane weekly show.  Jane absolutely loved it.  But you could plainly see the total embarrassment of the vendors.  That was also cringe-worthy.  

Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,889
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Enough with the squeeky squirrels


@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

@abbeydabby wrote:

good news for the squirrel haters, Gary forgot his squirrel on his Tuesday show with Carolyn.


 

Gary has "forgotten" his squirrel many times.  He's a very good sport; it was perhaps cute the first couple of times.  But it's Carolyn that has taken it into a forced part of every show.  Now there are t-shirts. I find it embarrassing and extremely corny. 

 

 

It reminds me of Jane Treacy's "Jane's Jam" a few years ago.  The shoe vendors would dance out onto the set every Shoe Shopping with Jane weekly show.  Jane absolutely loved it.  But you could plainly see the total embarrassment of the vendors.  That was also cringe-worthy.  


Well buckle up . . . they're not going anywhere soon. Sounds as though are lots of plans for the squirrels.

Regular Contributor
Posts: 175
Registered: ‎06-10-2015

Re: Enough with the squeeky squirrels

@Kachina624 - Well she can vent about it, right?? 

Honored Contributor
Posts: 13,559
Registered: ‎03-15-2014

Re: Enough with the squeeky squirrels

Squirrels are cute but can be extremely destructive.  I have a condo neighbor that used to set out a bowl of food for them each morning - and they came running.  So ignorant.  The condo association finally said something to her..  

Respected Contributor
Posts: 2,101
Registered: ‎01-13-2012

Re: Enough with the squeeky squirrels

IMO no wild animal needs to be fed including birds!  The uneaten seed attracts rats!  Our health dept. said that is one of the major reasons we are seeing a surge in numbers of rats in our suburban neighborhoods.

Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,844
Registered: ‎02-20-2016

Re: Enough with the squeeky squirrels

I am not a squirrels fan. Quietly ease them OUT.

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 7,543
Registered: ‎03-28-2015

Re: Enough with the squeeky squirrels


@bargainsgirl wrote:

IMO no wild animal needs to be fed including birds!  The uneaten seed attracts rats!  Our health dept. said that is one of the major reasons we are seeing a surge in numbers of rats in our suburban neighborhoods.


I agree and I was an avid bird lover....we got a trail cam and I was horrified seeing rats in the yard after the bird seed. I got tired of the bird poo all over my fencing and outdoor furniture too.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 8,353
Registered: ‎06-10-2015

Re: Enough with the squeeky squirrels

Other viewers like them, why would anyone want to stop something that others like and find cute and funny?  The world does not revolve around any one person.

Blowing out someone elses candle does not make yours burn brighter. (unknown)