Regular Contributor

Re: Do you think "Perfect Jersey" is really all that perfect?

Hi there!  I was just thinking I could handle the Perfect Jersey material so much better if it was less lycra...it doesn't take much to provide some stretch. Thinking 2 to 3% max would up the cooling and breathability factor of the cotton so less clammy rubberized and hot feeling, but still less shrinkage and wrinkling than 100% cotton. Do you think anybody is listening to our thoughts and ideas/suggestions?

Trusted Contributor

I don't like anything about perfect jersey. Like others have said, it feels rubbery, but I have also found that it not only clings, but the tops stick to whatever bottom I am wearing with it. It also shrinks and the colors have a dull look to them. I honestly don't understand why QVC doesn't lower the spandex % in this fabric.

Honored Contributor

I always found it to pill slightly so I quit buying it years ago.

Trusted Contributor

I love Denim & Co Perfect Jersey. Yes it is slightly rubbery,but for me it has body and looks good all day long. I love 100% cotton tops too,but they do wrinkle quite a bit and have a tendency to stretch out during the day. I wear both. I just love D & C's tops. 

I just ordered the new bateau neck essentials top. 2 of them in blue haze and light turquoise. They are 26.5 inches long, which is an inch longer than I like in a tee shirt, but I love the colors and style.

Esteemed Contributor

I tend to favor 100% fabrics (cotton, wool and silks). Have found 100% pima cottons at LL Bean at great prices, styles and colors. They have discontinued my favorite 100% jeans and denim skirts; I went ahead and bought a bunch to last years and years! Look up Woolovers USA online for 100% wools (as well as cotton/silk blends and other wool/blends). Note: Be sure to check the sizing at Woolovers; their sizing varies at times! Bought a lot of both winter and summer items in 2016; not much in 2017 in the choices of styles IMO. Anxious for 2018 styles from Woolovers. Always on the lookout for other good companies!

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Contributor

I bought one top in "Perfect Jersey" and love the fit & feel. It's washed & dryed with out any fuss and took the colors beautifully!

Honored Contributor

In my opinion Carolyn needs to wear a 1X in tops.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Respected Contributor

I like perfect jersey, and it works for most of the year, but when it gets hot, I set it aside and opt for just cotton tees. 

Highlighted
Contributor

I do like it a great deal. I have found the shape holds up, the colors don't fade after laundering, and I like that the fabric is substantial. I steer towards Perfect Jersey. I read a lot of reviews saying it's "rubbery" but I don't find that at all. Just me though. It's personal preference really. 

Honored Contributor

I think Perfect Jersey is very imperfect.  I don't like the weight of the fabric and dislike all the stretchy Spandex.  It's too clingy and hot in summer. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment