Occasional Contributor

Do you think "Perfect Jersey" is really all that perfect?

Despite the hosts' comments, I don't find the Perfect Jersey fabric to be that great.  It has a slightly rubbery feeling to me.  I know that putting Lycra in knits is trendy these days, but I'm 66 and don't like that cling, especially around the tummy?

Is anybody with me?

Spoiler

Respected Contributor

Re: Do you think "Perfect Jersey" is really all that perfect?

I agree with you. I am a couple years younger than you and find this fabric very clinging in areas I don't want cling. This is why I don't like Lycra in my fabircs, plus I think it feel hot and holds heat. This is my honest opinion. When you get to this age we don't want anything clinging to anything. Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

I have a lot of perfect jersey, and I tend to like it.  Yes, it does feel a bit rubbery.  But it does not stretch out and it holds the color.  But, living in Florida, I will agree that it can be hot.

I was a bit surprised at Carolyn yesterday, while presenting Isaac's T-shirt, that she admitted to wearing an XL in his shirt while selling it. I am not sure why, but it fit her just fine, even though she was ordering the shirt in L.  She also said that she does not want to wear perfect jersey on camera while she is sitting down because it clings to her tummy.  That is not a very good endorsement of perfect jersey.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Occasional Contributor

It sounds like you are a "hot mama" like me!  Smiley Wink  Designers are usually younger than we are and haven't any experience with going through all four seasons in one day.  I know they can't target their designs strictly toward the middle-aged and older woman, but many of us do have money to spend and are looking for pieces that look good and FEEL good on us.

Occasional Contributor

She is in a tough position, and I appreciate her willingness to make that honest comment.  Thanks for passing that on.

Respected Contributor

Is the perfect jersey the 95% cotton 5% spandex?  If it is I generally like it because it seems to hold up better for me than 100% cotton.  I have gotten a couple things that seemed more rubbery than most items I receive even though they were all made with the same 95/5 cotton/spandex mix. 

Trusted Contributor

I have a latex allergy, I need to figure out if I could wear Perfect Jersey. I do have jeans with stretch and notice my hip has been itchy for no reason & am thinking it might be it? Might be detergent, but I've used Tide HE before. I look for 100%cotton & doesn't seem like Denim &Co has that, that I have seen so far.

Trusted Contributor

I just did a quick internet search and found a site with a lot of information for others that have latex or spandex allergies: http://latexallergyresources.org/articles/cotton-nylon-spandex-and-allergies

Honored Contributor

I have never owned" the perfect jersey" but I don't like all of these man made fabrics that make you feel like you are in the oven when it is warm and in the fridge when it is cold.I have not experienced any nice cotton for years but that has always been my favourite fabric to wear for comfort.

Esteemed Contributor

@itsmagic wrote:

Is the perfect jersey the 95% cotton 5% spandex?  If it is I generally like it because it seems to hold up better for me than 100% cotton.  I have gotten a couple things that seemed more rubbery than most items I receive even though they were all made with the same 95/5 cotton/spandex mix. 

I agree that they don't all feel the same, for some reason.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead