Contributor

Do you think 7/7/17 D&C TSV will be a clearance bonanza?

I can't remember exactly when it was, but D&C had a big sale day some months ago. You had to be watching to get anything because stuff sold out so fast, but I saw some great deals and bought only one. I got a fleece pants and jacket set in petite (!) for only $24.98. I am now retired and can't really afford as much as I used to buy and the regular prices are so high and inventory so low, that I rarely get to purchase as much as I would like. 

Anyway, I don't receive the Insider anymore (why I don't know) and I've signed up for the special emails dozens of times but never get them, so I'm wondering if any of my fellow D&C divas have any intel on the upcoming TSV since the guide lists Clearance... 

Hoping for a sale bonanza and hoping there is some inventory so I can jump on some bargains. 

Happy Independence Day!

Super Contributor

Re: Do you think 7/7/17 D&C TSV will be a clearance bonanza?

Check out eBay, you might find it there.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]
Esteemed Contributor

@hopi I pre-ordered two of the D&C shirts and just received them this morning, I really like them, the colors are very pretty, the material is nice quality, and the lace on the sleeves is not that scratchy, itchy lace, I am glad I took the plunge!

Contributor

[ Edited ]

@hopi wrote:

My vote is clearance bonanza ........

@SuzyO

http://www.qvc.com/Denim-%26-Co-Fit-%26-Flare-Stretch-Lace-Elbow-Sleeve.product.A296672.html?TZ=EST

Thank you - don't know why I never get the insider info... I invested my entire retirement savings in QVC but apparently it's not enough (jk) LOL

It's a lovely looking top but I'm a little bummed at the color selection. Same old same old. What happened to purple? Rose brown? Jade? Tiger Llily? And what happened to pastels? I must be the only one who still likes pastels. This would be lovely in pale pink, antique lavender, and chambray blue. I would have bought it if it were in Summer Lilac, that color looks awesome with my tanzanite jewelry. I would have liked to see gray as well. I can't use ANOTHER fuscia or aqua top. Good price though. I'll have to check with my treasurer-husband to see if I can swing the yellow.

I know, I know, everyone's a critic! LOL

Contributor

@CareBears wrote:

@hopi I pre-ordered two of the D&C shirts and just received them this morning, I really like them, the colors are very pretty, the material is nice quality, and the lace on the sleeves is not that scratchy, itchy lace, I am glad I took the plunge!

Thank you! As I said in my other reply, I have numerous tops in those colors so I'm going to have to pass on this, although the fabric and design seem very nice.

Esteemed Contributor

@CareBears wrote:

@CareBears

It is very cute on the model but reading the review about the fit can be inconsistant with Q so often.  Rayon has a tendency to pill after several washings.

Scratchy was my major concern. Your review should help others decide on the purchase.

So glad they are keepers for you. The return charges are just to much.

Contributor

Ooooh. I forgot about the pilling. Good point, you're right!

I will say the lace isn't scratchy. It's the same exact lace Gary has been crowing about for a couple years. 

I love lace but am a little weary of all my lace being identical. Couldn't they make that same lace in a paisley pattern? The one with the dots in the design was nice but gone now. 

@hopi wrote:

@CareBears wrote:

@CareBears

It is very cute on the model but reading the review about the fit can be inconsistant with Q so often.  Rayon has a tendency to pill after several washings.

Scratchy was my major concern. Your review should help others decide on the purchase.

So glad they are keepers for you. The return charges are just to much.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SuzyO  That big sale was last September and was totally unannounced.  They'd never done anything like it before or since.  I got the feeling it was a one-time event.  Some big wig probably said, "get rid of that stuff" and away it went.  Very unusual for QVC to have a bona-fide sale like that.  It was fun and I got a ton of stuff.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment