Contributor

I have noticed lately that some of the denim and company tops in size 2XL are 51" instead of 53" bust measurement?

Honored Contributor

I have not noticed this specifically.  However, I am glad you brought this up because I thought on a couple of other occasions, that I cannot remember exactly, the measurements have gotten smaller in their size.  

I would be scrolling and scrolling, looking at tops, and after not buying anything I could swear that some of the tops had smaller measurements. I only shop in one size, so that’s how I spotted the change.

Just a thought: HSN sizes their clothes more like the general retail industry, not vanity sizing like QVC.  Now that QVC & HSN are combined, and their buying operations are also being combined, it makes sense that it’s QVC that has to make the changes to bring its sizes in its newest fashions to where HSN and regular retail sizes have always been.  

Honored Contributor

And that's why we have to check the size charts every time we buy something.  I am not complaining about that, it's easy to do and I'm much rather check and order the correct size than return something.  This isn't the old QVC when we could rely on "QVC sizing".  That doesn't exist anymore.

Valued Contributor

2 inches times 10,000 pieces, saves someone a lot of money. just a thought.

Esteemed Contributor

I always double check the measurements, both on screen and on the item.  Most of the time I have no problem and everything fits.  Unfortunately, several weeks ago I ordered Kim Gravel's denim skirt.  When it came, I could barely get it on.  I went back online to check the measurements, which were what I ordered, and then I got out the tape measure.  The skirt was missing 2.5 inches of fabric.  This skirt had a 5-star rating and so, of course, it was sold out.  I do not think the oversight in some of these factories is a priority all of the time.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

Yes, I noticed the tops lost two inches in the chest measurements.  I always check the click here measurements.  The tops have a 4 inch range.  I don't order it a specific top falls in the low end of the range.

Honored Contributor

To the contrary, I've noticed that many shirts, especially button down shirts, are so large that I have to size down from my usual size.  Many knit shirts like tees, are being made of soft fiber combos that make them very stretchy so they are also too large.  I'm returning shirts and exchanging for smaller sizes for the first time ever.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment