Honored Contributor

Re: Did You Hear Gary Say.....

@KCFoxy-

You really are very pretty!

Thank you for your encouraging smile!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

@shoesnbags wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

Today a caller told Gary sometimes she needs a size larger than 3X.  He said they're currently working on extended sizes beyond 3X, although they won't be seen until sometime in 2019.

It's about time!  I daresay there are many more women wearing extended plus sizes than there are women wearing XXS.

Hi @Kachina624!  I just wanted to mention that QVC usually orders an extremely low number of XXS pieces - like 5 pieces total sometimes.  If I order an XS and find that I need to go down, there's often no XXS left.  So I wish you good luck in getting the sizing you need, and in adequate numbers! (I'm 5'2", so don't get me started on the need for petite sizing, ha ha.)

Thanks @shoesnbags.  I have no trouble getting the size I need; it's others with whom I'm comiserating.   I watch a lot of late night QVC where they have clearance sales and most of the time all they have are very small sizes.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@fourpaws56 wrote:

Why on earth would anyone need  something larger than a 3X?? Talk about promoting obesity....

Why on earth would anyone write a comment like you did? Please cite the scientific research which has shown that fat shaming another human being leads to weight loss? Or that selling clothing larger than size 3X promotes obesity?  

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Honored Contributor

I recently read in a business publication, that larger sized women are an extremely underserved part of the population where fashion is concerned.  They say there are millions of dollars to be made serving this segment of the population and designers are just starting to recognize the potential in the market.

So, QVC's interest in carrying larger sizes may not be humanitarian so much as it is practical, in the pursuit of an untapped market.  If there's money to be made, they need to jump on it.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Regular Contributor

I cannot believe the amount of judgmental people on here, who sit behind their computers and shame others about circumstances of which they know nothing. Get off your high horses and try a little kindness and compassion; it'll reflect much better on you. 

Football is my favorite season.
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

@KCFoxy  I've never bought anything from Quacker but I have to say you look great in that top and would tempt me to try it.   Also the tunic from Louis .... love it and again looks wonderful on you.... See you're a model and didn't know it. 

Occasional Contributor

You look "fabulous" in your pictures. It's apparant that you care how you look, and it shows. I would love to see some real plus size models on the Q. It makes a difference for me to see clothes on a petite model or host. As many of the replies have stated, there are many reasons why people are larger than they would like to be. I think the larger sizes will mean more $$$$ for QVC.

Super Contributor

@apple1964 wrote:

@fourpaws56 wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@fourpaws56 wrote:

Why on earth would anyone need  something larger than a 3X?? Talk about promoting obesity....

@fourpaws56.   DING, DING, DING........Here we have the winner of today's tact and diplomacy award.

Nobody said anything about promoting but perhaps the ladies who are that size would like some pretty clothes like you do.

I agree we all want to look and feel pretty in our clothes, but seriously, there is no way a woman can feel pretty if she is a 4x or larger, not to mention being unhealthy at that size. When I was over-weight I refused to buy new things until I lost,the weight. It seems too easy to just keep buying larger clothes instead of  addressing the real issue that you really need to lose weight

I agree!  No one looks pretty and feels good in those sizes

@apple1964 and @fourpaws56 -- The need for clothes that fit larger women is a separate issue from the health related aspects associated with obesity.   

Contrary to your misguided beliefs, some larger women truly do have a positive self image, feel good about themselves, and think they are pretty despite the hateful attitudes of others. Disliking the way you look doesn't help many people loose weight. 

I no longer care what people like you think of my fat body. However, many ladies, obese and thin, take body-shaming comments to heart, leading to unhealthy relationships with food.  How does that improve anyone's mental and physical health? 

Frequent Contributor

I am sorry but I find the obesity discussion offensive. There are diseases, medicines and often these people have been abused. I am disabled and I wear a 1 or 2X depending on the clothing. I do not eat too much. I lose weight very slowly. The over weight people want to look nice and not wear a sack. I remember those days when all you could buy were mumu's. Over weight people are people and they have feelings too.

Occasional Contributor

You are a beautiful lady!