Honored Contributor

Re: Did You Hear Gary Say.....

@Orphanannie1 wrote:

What is Gary doing on D&C  I tthink the ladies do a good job. Seems odd to have him on as well. I don't care for it.

Do you also think it's odd Louis and Isaac and and Basso and Mackie present clothes on QVC?   I assume you don't "care for it" when they are on either.

Occasional Contributor

I agree but i have been seeing larger women. what i am curious about is some of the models claim to be wearing size medium.. i dont understand how that is even possible.. looking at their bodies. Having said that i do think it is great to see diverse sizes. We are all not size xxsmall.

Esteemed Contributor

How odd they sell exercise equipment and then they are going to have size 4X and 5 X? No company should promote this.very unhealthy to be that large. Gary keep a straight face when that women asked that question? WOW!

Esteemed Contributor

@q-girl wrote:

Good for Gary and the team if they can include more sizes for more women. And no, in my opinion, providing attractive, well made clothing in larger sizes does not encourage obesity. Every woman, regardless of her size, deserves to be able to purchase and wear clothes that make her feel good.

Having said that, I have long felt that there are few, if any, true plus size models showing the garments - and not just for Denim & Co., but across all clothing brands at the Q. While a designer may believe that his/her fashions present better on a tall woman who wears a size xxs or xs those same designers are gladly designing, producing and selling garments for women who wear sizes 2x, 3x and, apparently by next year, up to 5x. 

It just seems to me that if you want the profit that comes along with selling to the plus size population then you should be willing to present your designs on true plus size models. Women larger than a size xs, larger than a size m, larger than a size l, even larger than a size xl want to see what the designs will look like on someone their size. OK . . . time to get off this soap box now . . .

Hugs . . .

No one is going to look or feel good at that size. I think you just fell off that soapbox. 

Esteemed Contributor

@fourpaws56 wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@fourpaws56 wrote:

Why on earth would anyone need  something larger than a 3X?? Talk about promoting obesity....

@fourpaws56.   DING, DING, DING........Here we have the winner of today's tact and diplomacy award.

Nobody said anything about promoting but perhaps the ladies who are that size would like some pretty clothes like you do.

I agree we all want to look and feel pretty in our clothes, but seriously, there is no way a woman can feel pretty if she is a 4x or larger, not to mention being unhealthy at that size. When I was over-weight I refused to buy new things until I lost,the weight. It seems too easy to just keep buying larger clothes instead of  addressing the real issue that you really need to lose weight

I agree!  No one looks pretty and feels good in those sizes. 

Esteemed Contributor

@ellaphant wrote:

If you are beyond a 3X I would hope you would be focusing on your health...not a clothing size. Obesity in America is a national health issue,

Scary that some people here think this is a good thing. I agree with you it is becoming a problem in america. 

Esteemed Contributor

@ellaphant wrote:

If you are beyond a 3X I would hope you would be focusing on your health...not a clothing size. Obesity in America is a national health issue,

I would imagine they think the 'pretty clothes'are more important then a healthy diet and exercising.Woman Frustrated

Esteemed Contributor

@KCFoxy You look absolutely lovely in all of your pictures and your warm and inviting smile tells me you are a beautiful soul inside and out!  

QVC Customer Care

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

Today a caller told Gary sometimes she needs a size larger than 3X.  He said they're currently working on extended sizes beyond 3X, although they won't be seen until sometime in 2019.

It's about time!  I daresay there are many more women wearing extended plus sizes than there are women wearing XXS.

Hi @Kachina624!  I just wanted to mention that QVC usually orders an extremely low number of XXS pieces - like 5 pieces total sometimes.  If I order an XS and find that I need to go down, there's often no XXS left.  So I wish you good luck in getting the sizing you need, and in adequate numbers! (I'm 5'2", so don't get me started on the need for petite sizing, ha ha.)

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett