Honored Contributor

Re: Did You Hear Gary Say.....

For all we know, there may be women who are elated to be able to wear a 4X.  Maybe she has just dieted down from a 5X or 6X.   Are we to tell the larger consumer that she'll have to wear flour sacks because we don't believe she should be a 4X?   Size is a complex issue with many reasons.  Obese people know it's unhealthy and the chances of them losing and maintaining a healthy weight are slim.  In the meantime such people need clothing.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

Even the plus-sized models aren't very plus looking. Why don't they hire some truly plus-sized women to model? Some of the catalogues for plus-sized women show really true plus women modeling.

Valued Contributor

This is such a rude post. Apparently you are perfect. Some people are limited in mobility. You don't know until you walk a mile in their shoes. 

@fourpaws56 wrote:

Why on earth would anyone need  something larger than a 3X?? Talk about promoting obesity....

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have been size 12 through 28 and after blowing out a patellar tendon, (antibiotics), and losing 50% of my lung capacity/on oxygen and using wheelchair or quad cane, (non-smoker!) my size has gradually gone up, at the rate of maybe 4-5 pounds per year...

Smaller size for pants and skirts but with serious G Cup issues, there are times some QVC 3Xs (especially a few designer lines in rayon-span for example) may not be quite adequate as I do not like to draw too much attention to my bust.  Here are a couple of 3X photos  featuring favorite designers to illustrate where a 4X might not be a bad idea...and a few that work IMHO.

CaseyHappyThanksgiving2017wearingQuackerFactoryembroidedtunicnotbadfor67.jpg

Shoulders fit in this Quacker Factory top, but bust hugs more than I'd like in 3X.

CaseyinLineaombretopceledondropnecklaceregalprincesspreChefsTabledinner2017.jpg

Louis Dell'Olio tunic, prefer less pulling/wrinkling through bust & arms. "Size up if you are busty", was the recommendation. So hard to do when you are usually 3X, plus the extra room is nice for air flow!

CaseyEaster2017denimandcoblues.jpg

Various medications and heat, puff me up, (note 8" DQ bracelet), but this 3X Denim & Co. ensemble seems to work a treat, and the addition of a slenderizing necklace completes the look.

Caseyoriginalflowerpowerchildredux.jpg

Colorful Susan Graver top fits well, even over sleevelss LDO maxi. For the few who shudder at the thought of a plus sized gal possibly needing super plus sizing, and stating no way can they be pretty in such huge garments...I will let this picture of a 67 year old fashion-minded woman speak for me/us. Not too hideous, eh?

On another positive note, very nice to note s trio of small, petite and larger ladies in more of the print photos. Way to go! Smiley Very Happy

Super Contributor

I just noticed today in looking for a dress at Nordstrom
online they are showing some dresses in 4x....really pretty dresses. I think it’s great, being able to find something you like in your size is always a good feeling
regardless of your size!!
Super Contributor

Wow, nice!!!  Do you think women choose to be that size?  Weight is a very complicated issue. BTW, I am not that size but I have empathy and compassion for the difficult struggle to control weight  

Super Contributor

You are beautiful!

Honored Contributor

Over the years, we've heard that line before.  Perhaps it's true this time, I think if they ever to offer 4X, it will be in D&Co.

Honored Contributor

@fourpaws56 wrote:

Why on earth would anyone need  something larger than a 3X?? Talk about promoting obesity....

So, you are back from the Hateful Bigot's Convention?

Honored Contributor

@Peaches McPhee wrote:

@fourpaws56 wrote:

Offering a 4X is hardly "promoting obesity".   It is reacting to the market.

"Oh, great, I see that I can now get a 4X - I'm gonna get even heavier."  Hardly.

She only posted that to get rise out of people.  Haters are like that.