Respected Contributor

Re: Did You Hear Gary Say.....

@fourpaws56 wrote:

Why on earth would anyone need  something larger than a 3X?? Talk about promoting obesity....

Offering a 4X is hardly "promoting obesity".   It is reacting to the market.

"Oh, great, I see that I can now get a 4X - I'm gonna get even heavier."  Hardly.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Esteemed Contributor

@q-girl wrote:

Good for Gary and the team if they can include more sizes for more women. And no, in my opinion, providing attractive, well made clothing in larger sizes does not encourage obesity. Every woman, regardless of her size, deserves to be able to purchase and wear clothes that make her feel good.

Having said that, I have long felt that there are few, if any, true plus size models showing the garments - and not just for Denim & Co., but across all clothing brands at the Q. While a designer may believe that his/her fashions present better on a tall woman who wears a size xxs or xs those same designers are gladly designing, producing and selling garments for women who wear sizes 2x, 3x and, apparently by next year, up to 5x. 

It just seems to me that if you want the profit that comes along with selling to the plus size population then you should be willing to present your designs on true plus size models. Women larger than a size xs, larger than a size m, larger than a size l, even larger than a size xl want to see what the designs will look like on someone their size. OK . . . time to get off this soap box now . . .

Hugs . . .

I agree with your post...it has always bothered me when the designer and host "claim" that a particular styles looks great on "all" sizes or "even the larger sizes" as they would say....and YET they fail to bring out a model dressed in their marvelous clothing showing how "great" they look in that style.................the majority of the models are 5'10" tall and either XS or XXS...............i think the biggest models QVC will ever show is 1X...........i don't think they will risk going to a larger size even if larger sizes are offered....

Respected Contributor

If you are beyond a 3X I would hope you would be focusing on your health...not a clothing size. Obesity in America is a national health issue,

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@fourpaws56 wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@fourpaws56 wrote:

Why on earth would anyone need  something larger than a 3X?? Talk about promoting obesity....

@fourpaws56.   DING, DING, DING........Here we have the winner of today's tact and diplomacy award.

Nobody said anything about promoting but perhaps the ladies who are that size would like some pretty clothes like you do.

I agree we all want to look and feel pretty in our clothes, but seriously, there is no way a woman can feel pretty if she is a 4x or larger, not to mention being unhealthy at that size. When I was over-weight I refused to buy new things until I lost,the weight. It seems too easy to just keep buying larger clothes instead of  addressing the real issue that you really need to lose weight

You know it is very easy to criticize someone for a weight problem......but over the years i have learned through friends and personally  that many times weight is not due to an eating problem....many medications add weight on to a person .............many people have had injuries that have lessened their ability to do much physcially and have put weight on and in turn even if they eat less they find it difficult to lose as they can't "move" and burn calories....................the problems we all face everyday are not only black and white.....there is alot of grey there in between.....don't judge others because of their weight...at this point in my life and understanding reasons other then eating can contribute............i don't judge...

Regular Contributor

Large people need to wear clothes too!!

Honored Contributor

@fourpaws56 wrote:

How can this promote obesity???  Who knows why someone needs a larger size than a 3X, but thank goodness there are caring people that are willing to accommodate them!   They are not animals, they are human beings!!!  Why not say an xxs promotes anorexia!

Respected Contributor

Great response!!

@Hooty wrote:

@fourpaws56 wrote:

How can this promote obesity???  Who knows why someone needs a larger size than a 3X, but thank goodness there are caring people that are willing to accommodate them!   They are not animals, they are human beings!!!  Why not say an xxs promotes anorexia!

Frequent Contributor

What is Gary doing on D&C  I tthink the ladies do a good job. Seems odd to have him on as well. I don't care for it.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Orphanannie1 wrote:

What is Gary doing on D&C  I tthink the ladies do a good job. Seems odd to have him on as well. I don't care for it.

@Orphanannie1 From what I understand, Gary designs the clothes, so I think it is good for him to be able to talk about his designs, the "why" or "reason" his team decided to do something one way as opposed to another, and also to interact with people who call in and have questions or want to express their appreciation for his designs. Heart

I remember one time when Isaac said he likes to be on the shows as often as his schedule permits, because he likes to explain why he did this or that on the item, explaining what it does to make his clothes work for the buyer. He also said he enjoys the interaction with the people who call in. He gets a greater sense of what the buyer likes to see or what they would like him to do in the future.

Contributor

I gained weight awhile back and I too refised ti go up a size.  I continued to wear my older clothing..