Honored Contributor

Today a caller told Gary sometimes she needs a size larger than 3X.  He said they're currently working on extended sizes beyond 3X, although they won't be seen until sometime in 2019.

It's about time!  I daresay there are many more women wearing extended plus sizes than there are women wearing XXS.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Re: Did You Hear Gary Say.....

He might have said it, but I'm not convinced they will do it. When Richard Simmons had a clothing line, he offered 4&5 X which sold out fast. He had so much empathy for his plus size ladies. Unfortunately, his clothing line was short lived.

Honored Contributor

I believe he will do it.

Super Contributor

I sure hope they do. Maybe then we will see more plus size models in the clothes. I am definitely not a xxs or a xs. I never have been and I never will be. At times it seems those two sizes are the ones modeled the most. Just about any garment sold on QVC is going to look good on a person that size. Speaking for myself it is harder because I am larger to find something that looks good on me. 

Respected Contributor

Why on earth would anyone need  something larger than a 3X?? Talk about promoting obesity....

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

If and when I watch I can see clearly  (when they take a close up) the clothes they use are xs or s.  They flip each color and they are these very small sizes.  And often when clothes so to AS IS many of them are XS or smaller.  Seems that size does not sell as well as Medium and up.  

As for having the larger sizes.  There are people out there who would appreciate it just as I appreciate a Medium Petite. 

Super Contributor

Good for Gary and the team if they can include more sizes for more women. And no, in my opinion, providing attractive, well made clothing in larger sizes does not encourage obesity. Every woman, regardless of her size, deserves to be able to purchase and wear clothes that make her feel good.

Having said that, I have long felt that there are few, if any, true plus size models showing the garments - and not just for Denim & Co., but across all clothing brands at the Q. While a designer may believe that his/her fashions present better on a tall woman who wears a size xxs or xs those same designers are gladly designing, producing and selling garments for women who wear sizes 2x, 3x and, apparently by next year, up to 5x. 

It just seems to me that if you want the profit that comes along with selling to the plus size population then you should be willing to present your designs on true plus size models. Women larger than a size xs, larger than a size m, larger than a size l, even larger than a size xl want to see what the designs will look like on someone their size. OK . . . time to get off this soap box now . . .

Hugs . . .

Life is tough, but I am tougher!!
Honored Contributor

@fourpaws56 wrote:

Why on earth would anyone need  something larger than a 3X?? Talk about promoting obesity....

@fourpaws56.   DING, DING, DING........Here we have the winner of today's tact and diplomacy award.

Nobody said anything about promoting but perhaps the ladies who are that size would like some pretty clothes like you do.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I don't know.  I am still waiting to see the D&C trousers that Gary said were coming soon . . . several months ago.  I like trousers for work. 

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@fourpaws56 wrote:

@fourpaws56.   DING, DING, DING........Here we have the winner of today's tact and diplomacy award.

Nobody said anything about promoting but perhaps the ladies who are that size would like some pretty clothes like you do.

I agree we all want to look and feel pretty in our clothes, but seriously, there is no way a woman can feel pretty if she is a 4x or larger, not to mention being unhealthy at that size. When I was over-weight I refused to buy new things until I lost,the weight. It seems too easy to just keep buying larger clothes instead of  addressing the real issue that you really need to lose weight