Honored Contributor

Re: Denim & Co....getting disappointed as time goes by.

@dogsx3 wrote:

I have never had good luck with this line. I purchased about 6 v neck 3/4 sieeve t shirts to wear to the gym last year. You would not believe what they look like now ! The vneck has opened at the seams and they have all faded and ripped all over I paid 35.00  each and they are rags. I also don't like many of the styles, and the colors of many items. I agree about the prices also, way too much for the fabrics they use.

@dogsx3.  I must say, based on my experience, that's very hard to believe.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@Betse 

In part, I agree with you.  The old stand by favorites sell out quickly in colors and sizes.  I do have my old stand by favorites that I will continue to buy from D & C  as long as the sizes don't start getting messed up.  (Which has already started happening with a couple of my favorites).   Many of the newest styles, that I have tried, come no where near fitting me in my usual D & C size, which is disappointing because I would like to refresh a few things occasionally.   Hence, I have already started limiting my purchases and checking the reviews before I make a purchase.  It makes me sad. 

Frequent Contributor

@Betse wrote:

I used to love Denim & Co. and have many pieces in my closet.  The last year or so, it has really lost its appeal to me.  Frumpy and old looking patterns, prices are going up for quality that is going down, and last but not least, the things that I still do like, popular items like the beach and cargo pants are always out of stock if you do not watch the show they originally appeared on.  I bought some pants and they day I received them (3 days later) I wanted other colors and they were all gone and that was the second time that has happened to me.  I understand they cannot stock things forever, but these particular pants have been very popular over the last year or so, so why not manufacture more to cover the orders.  And I will say it again, the prices are going up and up and the quality is going down..... Do they think we will not notice that?

I have to agree.  D & C was a favorite line, but now...meh.

Honored Contributor

I’ve been wearing Denim & Co. for 10+ years and have not seen a decline in quality in the pieces I have purchased.  The pieces I have purchase have lived a long life and have stood the test of time.  It’s great everyday wear for me, as I work from home.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Frequent Contributor

I think the quality of the clothing is still fine. Except that perfect jersey is far from perfect. It shrinks horribly. And the new "designs" since Gary got on board are not what D&c used to be. Gaudy prints, odd colors, what happened to simple classic everyday tees, tops and jeans. 

Esteemed Contributor

I wonder if things would change if they brought in a different design team? I'm not sure how in touch with style Gary is. He's a nice man and all, but the styles are huge flowers and stretchy material in everything! Very rubbery fabric. The old Denim & Co. was so much better; in both style and quality. I still have tops from Denim & Co. from 10+ years ago, that are in pristine shape. They were more detailed, a higher quality fabric and stylish. I hardly buy D & C anymore. 

Regular Contributor

I couldn't agree more, it's awful

Super Contributor

Wow, you must be very hard on your clothes. I wear D&Co tops to the gym and wash every time and they still look new. I am careful with how I launder but don't hand wash or anything. 

Esteemed Contributor

I think @Betse and I buy the same pants...LOL

I love their twill capri pants with the side pockets. They sell out in the popular colors in my size overnight as soon as they get them back in stock.

I like to buy a new pair of capris in the basic colors every year, but I missed out last year because they sold out last year.

Same goes for their classic pull on pants with side pockets.

I don't like the tops though that feel rubbery. I took a couple to Florida 2 years ago and they were very uncomfortable in the Flordia humidity.

Occasional Contributor

I used to love their clothing but not anymore. I lost some weight in 2011 and then gained some back. Their jeans (pull up) from that time period have been great. I wore those jeans for all my yo-yo dieting. They changed the waist and fabric so I wasn't happy. Many women were not happy and they let QVC and Gary know. He comes out with others and they are not even close to the others. After 90 lbs lost I don't know where to buy some jeans. The old ones are big but don't fall down. The Dialouge yoga pants that I wore at home can't be used because I pull them up and they fall back to my ankles. I really wish the D&C team would listen to the customers.