New Contributor

Denim & Co....getting disappointed as time goes by.

I used to love Denim & Co. and have many pieces in my closet.  The last year or so, it has really lost its appeal to me.  Frumpy and old looking patterns, prices are going up for quality that is going down, and last but not least, the things that I still do like, popular items like the beach and cargo pants are always out of stock if you do not watch the show they originally appeared on.  I bought some pants and they day I received them (3 days later) I wanted other colors and they were all gone and that was the second time that has happened to me.  I understand they cannot stock things forever, but these particular pants have been very popular over the last year or so, so why not manufacture more to cover the orders.  And I will say it again, the prices are going up and up and the quality is going down..... Do they think we will not notice that?

Trusted Contributor

Re: Denim & Co....getting disappointed as time goes by.

[ Edited ]

I can’t believe that ugly house dress is $49.50! It looks awful on the models. A354156 Most everything I’ve seen today on Denim and Co. would go in the Salvation Army bag.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've been wearing Denim & Co. for about 25 years, and I've seen no decrease in quality.  In fact, with new blends if fibers, I think it has improved.  I've  never worn anything out, had fading or pilling, never had a seam unravel.  I like abstract or geometric prints and have collected some that are beautiful.  I pick and choose, not liking everything in the line, but I've picked up some really nice pieces.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Betse wrote:

I used to love Denim & Co. and have many pieces in my closet.  The last year or so, it has really lost its appeal to me.  Frumpy and old looking patterns, prices are going up for quality that is going down, and last but not least, the things that I still do like, popular items like the beach and cargo pants are always out of stock if you do not watch the show they originally appeared on.  I bought some pants and they day I received them (3 days later) I wanted other colors and they were all gone and that was the second time that has happened to me.  I understand they cannot stock things forever, but these particular pants have been very popular over the last year or so, so why not manufacture more to cover the orders.  And I will say it again, the prices are going up and up and the quality is going down..... Do they think we will not notice that?

Sadly I have to agree.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

I'm not sure about the quality going down.  What I've received recently was made well and washed well.  However, I do not want my clothes to last for years so not so much concerned with excellent quality.

However, the prices are ridiculous.  That dress mentioned in the previouos post $55 with s/h???!!!  Are they kidding??

I buy my casual clothes mostly at Macy's--always great sales and quality (Karen Scott, JM and Charter Club) and have rediscovered Lord & Taylor (their house brand or Rafaella) which is also frequently on sale and even with their s&h is reasonably priced.

D&C as with much of QVC is only on my "buy" list when the item is under $25 which is not too often--LOL!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

I used to buy D & C a lot. They had such cute ensembles they used to sell as well as great jackets and cute mini jumpers. When I was teaching, my teen students used to ask me about my clothes and compliment me. Then things began to change as far as styles. It seems as if they are mostly selling Tees and pants. I guess I've just moved on from Denim and Company.

Honored Contributor

A351563 Beautiful top. Today ordered, D & C Studio denim antique wash jacket. Looks wonderful, pleased with my purchases. 

Respected Contributor

I am happy with Denim & Co. and have not noticed any change in quality, etc.  I love florals and they are very much in style now so I have purchased many tops.  Also, I like abstract designs as well and have found many items in the D & C line.  I wonder if the price increases are due to the new tariffs?

Valued Contributor

I respectfully disagree. I've purchased more D & Co this year than any year so far. I like the new items, especially the dresses. The price points are comparable to other lines the Q offers. Also, several of the items I have bought on a 'one day only' price, or 'as is'.

Trusted Contributor

I have never had good luck with this line. I purchased about 6 v neck 3/4 sieeve t shirts to wear to the gym last year. You would not believe what they look like now ! The vneck has opened at the seams and they have all faded and ripped all over I paid 35.00  each and they are rags. I also don't like many of the styles, and the colors of many items. I agree about the prices also, way too much for the fabrics they use.