Honored Contributor

Where are the winter weight shirts?  Evedything I've received with long sleeves has been paper thin.  It's only 50° in the mornings here and I'm already freezing in these things.  There is just a short window of time when they can be worn.

One thing never mentioned by the hosts or Gary is the weight of the fabric.  We have no way of knowing how warm it would be.  I actually still see them selling tops with chiffon sleeves.   Brrrrrrr.  Don't forget that the audience cannot feel the fabric.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

One thing never mentioned by the hosts or Gary is the weight of the fabric.  We have no way of knowing how warm it would be. 

Other than, "You can wear this all year round!"  Ummm, not in the NE you can't.

You bring up an excellent point.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Esteemed Contributor

I live in the Northeast also.....and the last couple winters they really haven't offered many sweaters truly warm tops ...they keep showing things  (like 3/4 sleeve tops) that they say you can wear year round and layer...........i think you could only be sure of the warmth of a fleece or thermal type top.................and it would be nice if there were more descriptions made.   

Honored Contributor

I think new d&c items have been few for a while now.  Most days there is nothing under new.  I actually like the light weight long sleeve tops.  I live in the Midwest where there are many days below zero.  Having said that, everybody turns up the heat.  I roast at work.  Heavenly jersey is a warmer fabric.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624The good thing about all the sweaters and warm tops and wool skirts and dark, dark colors is that I have zero interest in any of them.

I did buy the Denim & Co. TSV shirt 2 weeks ago.  That was my first winter purchase in maybe 6 years and it's certainly my last for 2019 and most likely for 2020.

Respected Contributor

it simply does not get as cold where I am anymore, and only for a few days. I have Pendelton wool clothes I never wear anymore for that reason. Today it was 90° and it’s going to be 90° again tomorrow and this is the end of September and I am in the middle Atlantic states. 

Honored Contributor

@kelsey17.  I just received a pretty pink thermal waffle weave top with embroidery and it's so thin I can see through it.  "Thermal" is no longer a guarantee of warmth.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624   I’ve found that the tops are thinner in a lot of stores. Now I hold them up to the light and can see through most of them.

Even expensive tops won’t hold up in the wash and I need every day ones I can dog walk in. 

I’m careful what I donate now because the new ones aren’t the quality of the old. 

Esteemed Contributor

I ordered a light weight denim jacket I picked up to wear now for the warmer days and cooler nights. But, by the time I get it home it will be put away for the summer/spring or the early fallWoman FrustratedWoman Sad.

Super Contributor

Another thing for me is the open or vee necks on the tops. I have short hair and I need something to keep my neck warm. I love shawl collars and cowls or even regular collars with some coverage of the back of my neck.