Trusted Contributor

Denim & Co Divas. Question about a pant and fit.

I have wanted to buy:

A272960
Denim & Co. "How Slimming" Petite Colored Denim Straight Leg Jeans

Well, at the clearance price of $19.95 I finally buckled and order the Summer Teal, which is actually a sleeping beauty turquoise Smiley Happy My hips measure 36.5". The regular color jeans from D & C I have tried in the past the size 4 fits at a 36" hip, but it is just a hair too tight, but the size 6 a 37" is just a smidge too large. 

So, I looked at the measurements of the regular colored and the teal and coral colored jeans and they were different. The regular color blue jeans in size 4 is 36 hip and the colored ones like teal were 37. That did not make sense to me. So I thought that it was a mistake in the actual garment size so I ordered my regular size in 4 in the teal. 

The teal jeans just arrived and they bag in front on the hips and on the side of the hips. It doesn't look good. I will keep them because they cost $3.00 to ship to me and they are heavy and it would cost about $6.95 to ship back or about the same if I pay out of pocket.

Bummer. I have actually never had to return anything from Denim & Co they usually fit great. In fact, I just recieved a large haul of 8 items from the last TSV day to stock and restock my spring summer wardrobe. Every other item fits exactly as all of my other D & C clothes.

So, I suspect that this is a manufacturing error in fit and that is why they are on clearance. 

I did read all the reviews and more people said they fit great than those that didn't. I will keep them like I said, but ... Do you think that I could shrink them? How can I do that without destroying the color of the jeans, which are very pretty?

Honored Contributor

Re: Denim & Co Divas. Question about a pant and fit.

You have no idea how many pairs of pants I have.  It looks like a department store....

One reason is because, like you said, the same size varies in the fit.  I just ordered 5 pair of A43881.  I know, depending on the color, they will probably fit differently.

I believe one reason is because QVC has different manufacturers bid for the contract to make them.  Even though they are supposed to make them according to the QVC requirements, think about it, just an 1/8 of an inch here and there can (in the long run) save the manufacturer money!  This makes them fit differently here and there.

I like everything to coordinate, that's why I ordered new colored D&C pants.  I have a lot (a whole lot) of Isaac sweaters and Susan Graver tops.  As you know Isaac's sweaters and tops are very colorful!  Ha!

I recently dressed head to toe in his orange colored pants (the 24/7 I think they're called).  I looked like a bright creamsicle!  Ha!  I'm 70 so I figure if I can't do anything about getting old, I'll 'dress it up'.....and I do.

I can't offer you much help except to say that I've found it trial and error (unfortunately).  I've had some of those pants forever.  They haven't faded (don't have to wash them much) or shrunk but getting the right size is a pain.

I pretty much wear a size XL petite in D&Co.  But I have some petite 1X that fit well.  It's not even the day (some days more bloated, but it doesn't seem to make much difference.

Respected Contributor

Don't you hate that when that happens but all I wear is D&C Pants and here's my observations....

Depending on the item number, all D&C pants fit different.

Also, within any given item number, you may have a difference in fit just based upon the color.

I wear a medium and there has been many styles that been sent back because they just don't fit, can't even get them over my hips.  Also, I have first hand experienced the very same item, the black is larger than the blue.

Also, lot to lot in the Q's inventory there are variances too.  Even material may change too, it depends what factory they may order from.

As for your pants, wash in cold and toss in the dryer but I doubt they will shrink.  For roughly $20 they can be your weekend to go pants and I agree it costs more to return them but then again, if you aren't going to wear them, the $7 return fee is worth it.

Respected Contributor

I just had to laugh that both of us were literally posting at the same time and we virtually said the very same thing.

Color variances in size

Style variance in size

overall

you really don't know what you are going to get other than trial and error and even that you are not safe.

Honored Contributor

@Squirrel Lover   I have those pants, in fact I ordered two of the teal since I wear it so much, and one of the coral.  Mine fit fine in my usual D & C size.  I always order the same size except in the "How Comfy" line where I order down since the "grow" as you wear them.   I find the D & C sizing to be very consistent.  I'm like @Annabellethecat66  in that my closet looks like a store, actually the closets in 3 bedrooms and a rack in the hall. 

They won't shrink.  Most modern cottons are pre-shrunk so they stay the same size. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

Like I said, "Bummer," but I will keep them. The color is beautful. I don't buy any other brand for clothing on QVC. Isaac runs small and I am in between two sizes in his line. I also don't like neon colors or too much print. D & C prints are subtle and I love them. I don't buy Susan Graver because I only like natural fibers and I do not wear polyester. What's funny is though I just love her. She looks so amazing for being in her sixties and she is smart and knows what she is doing. 

I am not a trendy person so D & C fits my life really well. And their prices are the best on QVC. I consider myself lucky that only one item from the line did not fit perfectly!

Trusted Contributor

Well, D Divas, I am going to send the pants back. I am bummed.

Frequent Contributor

I did the same-ordered my regular size in these & they were baggy in the waist & hip areas so I sent them back.  I think that's why they are on clearance. These were a TSV not so long ago.  not worth even $20 if they don't fit correctly.