Honored Contributor

I just saw my favorite pair of D&C "How Comfy" Bermuda shorts on clearance (item no. A285511 in case you like them, too).  However, I noticed it's only three colors on clearance.  If I were to buy the white ones (item no. A251363) they are still the regular $30.  Why would QVC only put select colors on clearance?  Perhaps they had too many of the clearance colors?  It just seems a bit odd to me...an item is an item, regardless of the color.  Any thoughts on this?

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Respected Contributor

Re: Denim & Co. Clearance Items

Maybe they don't have enough of the clearance colors to have a normal presentation.  The clearance colors won't be presented on TV, but the few they do have are available online. Just a guess.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Valued Contributor

@SurferWife, Several online retailers where I shop put certain colors on sale routinely while additional colors are still sold at regular price:  Talbots, J.Jill, Appleseed's, to name three.  I'm sure there are others.  QVC is not alone.

Honored Contributor

@SurferWife, that is interesting, I've seen other retailers do that, but never experienced QVC, usually it is the "item" and not the different "colors" of the item on clearance! 

Honored Contributor

They had the three sale items in the D&C show today.  I tried to get turquoise after the fact and it's pretty well sold out.  I got fuchsia,  green, and orange recently of that same Bermuda short for $16, on Zulily as well as some capris.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

They had the three sale items in the D&C show today.  I tried to get turquoise after the fact and it's pretty well sold out.  I got fuchsia,  green, and orange recently of that same Bermuda short for $16, on Zulily as well as some capris.

@Kachina624...WOW!  I had NO idea Zulily carried D&C.  Quite honestly, I've never even shopped Zulily, but I will now.  Just bought a D&C skort that's been on my QVC wish list as well as a tank for almost half of the QVC price.  What a SCORE!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

@SurferWife  I don't buy any Zulily clothes unless I know the brand since they don't take returns.  Of course they only have D&C occasionally,  not every day.  I've also gotten some good buys on QF pants; shorts and capris.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624...I agree. Due to Zulily's No Return policy, I only plan to order items I know and trust the sizing. I'm sure I won't order from them often but I will check back frequently for D&C clothing.

Honored Contributor

@SurferWife  There are D&C items on Zulily today including some How Comfy Bermuda shorts.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624...got em'! Thanks for the heads up. I can't get over the savings! Everything I have ordered has been on my QVC wish list.