Valued Contributor

Thank you! I just canelled an all cotton top from Denim & co. I have had too many 100% cotton stretch out of shape!!! 

Respected Contributor

@Whosits wrote:

I don't use facebbok so don't know how else to reach you. I love the idea behind the Co. But honestly really and truly you do not have to put spandex in everything and you do not have to put so much when you do! 4 and 5% is too much. I wear breathable fabrics only. When you offer an item, lets say those jogger pants on today. Almost all cotton. Why ruin it with the spandex? Jogger pants made of cotton do not need spandex. As you should certainly know, cotton is naturally stretchy. And as you also should know, a lot of cotton does not wrinkle, or will smooth out after drying. Especially something like jogger pants. All the good old Hanes from the old days before they went 50% polyester did not wrinkle. They really didn't. 

Also those Henley t-shirts...the 2 for 1. Was going to buy untill I saw 5% Spandex! Honestly, all the Eddie Bauer, LL Bean and Lands End cotton tshirts I have bought over 30 odd years did not wrinkle and they stretch with the body just fine without Spandex. Of course they too are now starting to add Spandex fools that they are. But I'm talking about their past products. 

Is QVC making you do it? Just like I suspect they make the designers design almost everything too long. That's another issue but I'll stop here.

Hi, Did you buy an item that you were unhappy with? You'd probably  be better off writing a review. The designers claim that they read them, so maybe you can get his attention that way.  

Honored Contributor

Agree with you.  Too much spandex makes the fabric feel rubbery.  Some reviewers complain about it.  

You are correct about Land's End and Hanes did not wrinkle or stretch out of shape.  Haven't tried the others you mentioned. 

I purchased a few 100% cotton D&C pieces that didn't wrinkle and stretch out of shape, but some customers won't even look at those without spandex.

Trusted Contributor

Our requests for less spandex and 100% cotton have fallen on deaf ears for years!

Valued Contributor

@kaydee50 wrote:

Not that I buy that much from QVC but I do not like all cotton.   To me all cotton loses it's shape.  4 or 5% spandex works for me.  A cotton/poly/span blend is my favorite.

Cotton normally does not lose it's shape. But I agree that some fabrications (not sure of the right word) do,  like Shaker knit sweaters and unsubstantial cotton. Maybe I've just bought better quality cotton. 

Respected Contributor

I don't like all-cotton: it feels too rough on my skin. And I don't like Spandex either; sometimes it feels like the garment could be rolled up into a ball an bounced.

What i REALLY like about Isaac's tops are that a lot of them are made of Pima cotton. SO nice! It's nice and smooth, has an airy feeling, doesn't cling like spandex and it isn't rough on my skin. 

I don't buy all Isaac's clothes but if it's a shirt or anything in Pima cotton, I'll definitely give it a look.

Super Contributor

All cotton items stretch, bag out, and wrinkle. I want some synthetic fiber in my clothes to combat those things. I hate baggy knees or fanny on pants which happens with all cotton knits. 

Honored Contributor

If you can make a nice fitting tee shirt like LL Bean's pima cottom, I WILL BUY LOTS OF THEM.  Nothing less. 

Esteemed Contributor

Spandex must be a lot cheaper than cotton - thus the spandex junk, kust mho.