Occasional Contributor

DENIM & CO IS GETTING REALLY FRUMPY

Denim & Co used to have classic styling.  I used to buy a lot of things.  Now the tops and sweaters too long, you can't count on sizing and the prices are high.  I bought a top at the beginning of the summer.  I want another color.  The price is higher now when it should be reduced because it is the end of the season.  I can go to a department store and get a much better value.  Oh, and their shipping is free.  Why do I want to stay with QVC.  I have become very dissapointed in the brand they have become.

Respected Contributor

Re: DENIM & CO IS GETTING REALLY FRUMPY

I despise the term "frumpy"  My personal opinion, there is no "frumpy" fashion, only consumers who don't know how to style their wardrobe.

Occasional Contributor

Buck-i-Nana   Then you should buy the Denim & Co. clothes.  Most of their prints are out dated and old fashioned looking. I won't be wasting my money.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

While their sizing on their bottems no longer work for me - if i get them to fit my hips the waist is huge and I spend all day tugging them back up - very irritating. So I only look at their tops now. When they changed their sizing to accommadate the newer skinny trend I bet they lost a lot of customers. OP the long sweaters are to cover the leggings they keep pushing people to wear that don't flatter anyone above a size xs.

Honored Contributor

If you think it's frumpy, you shouldn't buy it or look at the shows.  Was there a point to starting this thread?   D&Co styles are exactly what they are always been.  It was never an upscale, super cool, fashion forward brand.  Everyone knows that.

Honored Contributor

@borntoshop525  Since D&C claims to "listen" to all of their customers, why not send them a snail mail letter followed up by an email (always have a Plan B) of your concerns????  Plan C - contact them through FB if you are registered. Smiley Wink

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

In my opinion D&C has changed. I used to find so many things that I liked, when I watched one of the D&C hours, but now not so much.I don't know whether to blame Gary or not, but I think they have gone astray.So much of it is unattractive, and it's such  a shame.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Trusted Contributor

@QVCkitty1

I couldn't have said it better - that is exactly how I feel. 

Snarky responders need not reply. Move along and share your views elsewhere.
Honored Contributor

I don't know about "frumpy" but definitely overpriced.

Honored Contributor

@borntoshop525 wrote:

Denim & Co used to have classic styling.  I used to buy a lot of things.  Now the tops and sweaters too long, you can't count on sizing and the prices are high.  I bought a top at the beginning of the summer.  I want another color.  The price is higher now when it should be reduced because it is the end of the season.  I can go to a department store and get a much better value.  Oh, and their shipping is free.  Why do I want to stay with QVC.  I have become very dissapointed in the brand they have become.

@borntoshop525  Long sweaters, prices and sizing make a line frumpy?  FYI: Tunics are very much on trend and many of us love them to wear with slim pants or leggings.  If you can't afford the line, by all means shop locally.

As for the sizing that you criticize, I have hundreds of pieces of Denim & Co. and find it to be the most consistant in size of any line I've ever worn, including what I've bought at Macy's and Dillard's.  I don't even try my new acquisitions until I wear them.  I have a feeling it's the size of the customers that's inconsistant.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment