Trusted Contributor

I really love the easy stretch jeans they just showed (3/22).  I am between a 16 and 18W in jeans.  I wear a 16W in DG2 jeans, so I'm not sure what size to order.  For you that have tried easy stretch, do you think I could go with a 16?  I carry my weight mostly in my middle.  Thank you for any help!

Honored Contributor

Re: DENIM & CO. EASY STRETCH

@10000Nicknames 

I bought the EasyStretch straight leg jeans they had when it was a TSV. I went down a size b/c I read some reviews for other EasyStretch pants that said they were stretchy but not stretched out and I wanted my jeans to fit closely.  There is a lot of firm stretch and they don't bag out. The fabric is medium-weight and, for me, might be be too thick for summerwear. But I find them very comfortable and they don't dig in on the waistband. They hold me in around the tummy area b/c of the way the pocket lining is sewn in all the way across the front where it is stitched into the zipper facing so it acts like a slimming panel there. I like that part of the jeans very much. 

Just so you know those jeans are pull-on but you'd never know it. They have a working front button which you can unbutton for more room if you eat that burrito. If you have thick thighs and/or wide hips then you might want to stay at your normal QVC size b/c it might be a little difficult to pull them up and over your hips and thighs if you go down a size. I'm just the opposite where my hips and thighs are small so I went down a size.

I got a petite but sent it back. Too short even for my 5-3 height and the rise was too short also.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I wanted to mention something about the garment measurements chart.

If you look at the difference between the Relaxed vs Extended waistband measurements given in that chart, it will give you an idea of just how much the waistband stretches so it is very comfy.

Measure your waist and go with size closest to that on the garment measurements chart. I wouldn't size up with EasyStretch b/c of the generous stretch it offers. Go down a size if you want your jeans to fit snug but keep in mind that they won't stretch out by the end of the day. They keep their shape.

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee  you gave Nickname505 some great information on

sizing. You were very explicit and informative. Wouldn't it be great if the hosts would give information like that?

In the early 90's the hosts were so professional and gave

all the information needed for a customer to make an informed

decision. They would describe the color if an item was ambiguously named. They would many times suggest sizing up

or down for a particular item. There were probably fewer returns

back then.

Trusted Contributor

Thanks everyone!  It sounds like I should be able to go with the 16. If they don't fit, I'll just lose weight.  Lol   I wish they offered 16W at QVC - that size works for me with DG2 jeans (most of the time).  

I've been ordering from QVC since the first day they came on air.  The biggest change (problem) for me is the slow shipping and ridiculously slow returns.  It's actually a pain to return anything here, which had cut my shopping in half.  HSN is SO MUCH better.  They are fast, and if you need a different size and they have it in stock, they just ship it to you that day.  They don't even wait for your return to come back.  I really wish QVC would do the same. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@10000Nicknames 

Take a look at the Garment Measurements chart. They list a 16W there. Find the Garment Measurements chart at the bottom of the item Description where it says:

"To see the specific garment measurements for this item, click here."

That way you can compare those measurements with a 16.

Esteemed Contributor

I own the easy stretch wide leg jeans. These are my favorite next to my Laurie Felt jeans. I even went back & ordeed another pair.  Wonderful denim that does not bag out. Cooler in summer because they are looser fitting.  Look great with all my side stitch shirts.

New Contributor

I agree.  Hosts in the past were so much more professional.  I wonder if they get paid like a production line in a factory Ie the more words they say they get paid more over a certain # of words, they get paid more according to how much time they get on air.  Sometimes they just rattle on to take up time and fill in their voice regardless of quality of verbiage.  So many seem to be frustrated performers that they want to use the buyer as a capitive audience.  I am watching less and less as time progresses.

I don't shop to hear someone laught at themselves, hear mimicking of animals,  be sung to or watch someone change outfits numerous times.  I don't like chaos.  I can get that easily in the box stores filled with people.  

Please bring back professional hosts more similiar to Mary Bet Roe.  Denim & Co's Gary G. Does an excellent job.  his focus is on the garment on air.  Control freaks, frustrated performers, and attention seekers are a dime a dozen. Please train host to be professional.  They need to respect me as a customer and focus on giving me information about the product on air.  I don't want to know their personal life,family or problems.  Thank for letting m vent my frustrations with the current hosts.