Honored Contributor

I know I am probably in the minority here, but seems Mr. Gary (the designer) doesn't care for women with short arms!  If a top in long sleeves in long on a model that is almost 6 ft., you can imagine what they are on a woman 5'4" that wears a 1X!  I guess the Q doesn't want my business, I refuse to buy a long sleeve top and have to have to pay to have the sleeves altered!

Honored Contributor

Re: D & Co. tops in 3/4 sleeve!

I'm on the opposite end of the stick.  I am tall, long arms and legs....nothing is ever long enough.  Guess you can't please everybody.

Respected Contributor

I like 3/4 sleeves most of the time.  Some tops only work with a long sleeve, but I ususlly pusj my long sleeves up.  They are most generally too long for me.  The other reason I go for 3/4 tops is that I love jewelry and want to see my bracelets.

Trusted Contributor

I like 3/4 sleeve tops too...I'm 5 ft 4 inches and long sleeve tops are almost always too long on me unless they are petite size. Oh, and another reason I like 3/4 sleeves is the fact that I am hot, hot hot 3/4 of the time!!!  It's that time in my life where my internal thermostat is on permanent high and I just get too overheated in long sleeves, even in the winter time! 

Esteemed Contributor

I will only wear 3/4 sleeves or capped on any kind of a shirt or blouse.  I don’t see how a designer can please everyone on a long sleeved item.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi @Hooty, I guess everyone is different, I'm 5'4" and I hate, I mean hate 3///4 lenght sleeves and always have.  There is nothing worse than trying to get a cardigan or jacket over 3/4 length sleeeves and then when you do it's so uncomfortable.  I figure If you want 3/4 lenght you  can always push them up.  Also 3/4 sleeved always looked to me like the manufacturer was cutting corrons and I was getting jipped.  LOL 

Super Contributor

Just curious - why don't you just order 3/4 sleeves?  I have short arms and that's what I do .They are usually like 7/8 sleeves on me but I much ptefer that to sleeves hanging over my hands   

Super Contributor

Under jackets I wear shirt sleeves ir sleeveless  I am 5"4" and an X-L or larger. I was told by a stylist to wear 3/4 sleeves because they would be slimming and more youthful. Of course, everyone has different opinions .As far as the new items, the very last thing I need m i re of in my wardrobe, though, are anymore v-neck, 3/4 sleeve tops.  I would so like to see some collars. 

Honored Contributor

I like the 3/4 sleeves, I'm 5ft3 with shorter arms and will not buy the long sleeve tops either. I also, won't buy the tops with all kinds of stripes and gaudy flowers. I don't care what Carolyn says about how fashionable they are, I don't like big prints, flowers or stripes.

Super Contributor

I HATE 3/4 sleeves.  To me, they are matronly looking.  I guess you can't please everybody.